𝐯. 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗵𝗮𝘂𝗻𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝗲𝗮𝗴𝗹𝗲𝘀

CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE.
the haunt of Eagles

WORDS COULDN'T DESCRIBE the anger that JJ felt a Pope's slip-up

WORDS COULDN'T DESCRIBE the anger that JJ felt a Pope's slip-up. JJ wasn't sure if Pope knew the honest Camila, ━ a version of Camila he saw that night. JJ knew the truth: Something had changed in Camila. The girl was a full-fledged Kook, and her inauguration started once she finally moved to Figure-8. The girl was a spoiled, vindictive, rich brat in his eyes. The Pogues finally had something good going on for them. Why let Camila into it for her to ruin that for them?

"Pope, I can not believe you just did that. Come on, man," uttered JJ, hitting the arm of Pope, who was yelping in protest, "What were you thinkin'? Were you even thinkin'?"

"I was, actually. See, I was going somewhere with this. Her ring matches the engraving on the back of the compass; it's exactly the same. So, knowing the relationship between her dad Sebastien and Big John, there is a plausible reason it's connected." Pope explained, trying to reason his logic about the situation ━ even if he believed the chance of Big John being alive was ludicrous. Pope Heyward also found it ludicrous how they got into that situation in the first place.

If you told the Pogues a week ago that one of their usual boat trips would lead to the start of a mystery, they would have laughed in your face. That's the weird thing, though; this quest will start with their usual boating day.

It was the day after hurricane Agatha; JJ had slept over that night at the Chateau and the morning started with cleaning the fishing shack's backyard, attempting to clean the damage from the storm. JJ and John B drove their small HMS Pogue motorboat to pick up their friends. First up was Pope Heyward, who cleaned the dock of his father's shop. Based on orders given to Pope by his father Heyward, he opposed the Pogues' usual boating day. However, after a bit of influence (and banter with Heyward), the intelligent boy boarded the boat and prepared for a fun day. Next to pick was Kiara, who could join freely, with a cooler filled with beers and snacks.

See, a typical day, right? Wrong. Oh, very much mistaken.

The Pogues were boating peacefully in the Marsh. JJ attempted his "signature" trick ━ while standing at the ridge of the speeding boat, tipping his beer bottle and trying to catch the alcohol in his mouth with only the force of the wind. However, the sandbar of the boat changed, causing JJ to fly off the HMS Pogue. Pope looked over the side of the HMS to find a boat underwater.