chapter nineteen ☾

//TW: sh, mention of suicide, starvation

"Take out your pencils and begin," Sapnap's professor stated to the class taking the large exam.

Sapnap sighed, beginning to write his name on his paper.

This shouldn't be too bad, he knew what he was doing and had been taking the subject long enough to know most of the information.

Sapnap didn't feel nervous, only just a bit scared he might not pass this semester.

Growing up, Sapnap's parents always expected of him to have high grades, and always doing well in school. "School before anything else," Sapnap's parents would always say.

Sapnap honestly hated that about his parents, he couldn't go and do really well on a sports team and want to continue with it if his grades weren't high.

School before anything.

Sapnap usually did well in school, until grade seven, when he stopped giving a fuck about what his parents had to say about his grades.

As long as he was passing, he'd be fine.

Grade seven was when he met Dream and George, and they'd always run off after school playing soccer or football, being the pre-teenaged boys they were.

Sapnap had very vivid memories of Dream talking about different people who'd he'd seen throughout the school. "There's a dude named Karl... or something, he's in my history and geography class, he's pretty nice," Dream said.

Sapnap snapped out of his thoughts and continued working on his half finished exam.

He couldn't fail, he couldn't disappoint his parents more than he already had.

Sapnap finished his test within another hour, stopping every so often to look up and take a break from looking at the paper in front of him.

"Your results will be given out within the next week and a half," Sapnap's professor said as everyone began to leave.

Sapnap got up and stretched with a sigh as he left, looking around aimlessly for Dream and George before he felt an arm around his shoulder. He looked up from the floor and seen George, with his arm around Sapnap's shoulder with his little sweet smile he always seemed to have on his face.

"George!" Sapnap exclaimed, wrapping his arms around George's neck in a hug. George sweetly laughed and hugged him back. "How are you?" George asked quietly as he had with everyone. "I'm okay," Sapnap said. "How are you, Georgie?" Sapnap asked, nicknaming the boy. "I'm well."

George and Sapnap walked down the hall until George suddenly stopped to the side of one of the closed classroom doors. Sapnap looked at George with a confused looked across his face, making George giggle.

"Dream's class is finishing soon, he's in there," George explained, his finger pointed to the door. Sapnap nodded and leaned against the wall, going on his phone.

"How's Karl doing?" George asked. "I haven't seen him since the hospital." "He's... he's okay," Sapnap stuttered with a shrug, "Ups and downs I guess."

"I don't mean to pry... but how's your relationship doing?" George asked carefully. "I just worry for you Sapnap, I mean, it must be well if I don't see you as much, am I correct?"

Sapnap looked up from his phone with a saddened smile. "I'm sorry George, you know I am."

"Our relationship is going so well... and I just don't know how to tell Karl that I love him so much... because when I do, I only feel like I'm saying it because of what he goes through. He's a person of touch and soft love, and he honestly has shown me that maybe I'm like that, too. The only ways I can really show him my love is by cuddles and kisses, I just... it's not that I don't want to, but I don't know how to tell him how I feel, even though he knows I love him dearly," Sapnap vented. George nodded, smiling softly.