Baby, Boyfriends

Harry felt as though the world refused to move another inch, the air leaving his lungs and never returning again. He stared and he stared, hands shaking as they held the pregnancy test, a positive pregnancy test. He was fucked. Royally fucked. Him and Louis had only been dating for a year, and neither wanted a baby. No, Harry was too young for this — he was only twenty, for fuck's sake — and kids weren't there in his future for another decade.

So he sobbed as Katherine held him. Him and Katherine, Louis' mate's wife, had decided to grab lunch and gossip while Louis was out with her husband, having a lad's day, when she noticed the changes. He didn't even realise there were symptoms until she pointed them out. The nausea, the mood swing, his sensitive nipples — everything made sense. She had rushed to the nearest pharmacy and gotten him three tests, and here he was, sobbing in her en-suite, holding the confirmation of his unborn child.

"How am I going to tell him?!" He cried, burying his nose against her neck. She rubbed his back, slowly shushing him, her dark blonde hair was getting in his eyes but he couldn't give a fuck. He was only twenty. A baby was a big responsibility. What if Louis fucked off after Harry told him? He would have to raise them all alone, a single mum without a stable income. Fuck, he was only beginning to make his way into the modelling industry, a baby would change everything.

Him and Louis had been so careful, always making sure to take the morning after, or wear a condom most of the time. Now that he looks back at it, it had been one of the nights when Louis and the lads went out, taking their partners along. He remembered Louis fucking him in the toilet stalls raw. They were too drunk to take care of it after coming back home, and the next day was a rush with Louis' new merger and Harry's photoshoot.

He was having a baby at twenty. Shit.

"Harry, calm down, sweetie, you're having a panic attack." Was he? Oh fuck, he was. Shit, he needed to breathe, but how? Everything felt hot and scary and overwhelming. He couldn't kill the baby, no he would never. But he was so fucking scared, terrified of the future, terrified of the uncertainty it held. He began to cry more, Katherine's warm embrace gone and her panicked voice replacing it. He could make out she was talking to someone on the phone, but he couldn't focus. He was exhausted, so exhausted that he shut his eyes shut for a minute, his back resting against the cold tile.

°

"Baby? Can you hear me, love?" Harry felt the soft pats on his cheek and the comfiest bed underneath him. He'd have to ask Louis to buy the same kind for them later. He groaned, still not having enough energy to open his eyes. "Baby, please. You're scaring me. Fuck!" He flinched slightly at Louis' frustrated lilt, trying hard to open his eyes.

"Lou?" He managed out, squinting his eyes and forcing his eyelids to part. Louis was the first thing he saw, tear stained and worried and a bit red. He looked cute, he always did. Okay, he realised he was still a bit loopy. He reached out for his boyfriend, hands making grabby gestures until Louis leaned forward and cuddled him close. Harry sighed, breathing Louis in completely, because what if this was the last time he'd ever do it? What if Louis leaves him after he found out?

"Shh, you're thinking too loud, even I can feel it." Harry chuckled, his heart aching. He hugged Louis tighter, crying faintly. "Harry, what's wrong, love? Did someone say something?" And that made Harry cry harder. Louis was always so nice to him, so gentle and caring. He'd miss this a lot.

"I love you," Harry wailed, his nose stuffed and voice cracking. Louis chuckled, kissing his cheek before pulling away, Harry protested by locking his arms and legs around Louis' smaller frame, afraid that if he let go now, Louis'd never return.