Chapter 12: Call

20th July 2021

Tay goes back to his unit and sees that they are few calls from Arm, and Off. There are also texts from Lee as he never replied to him after he got the news link. He replies short as 'Okay. I already know'. Tay does not want to lose his face as he is one of the last people who knows, and he does not want outsiders to know about him and New. 

He texts in his gang group chat and says he wants space and invite them to go to temple tomorrow. Arm and Off replied at once as in they are waiting for him to reply. Tay doesn't care anymore. His mind is in chaos, he tries to sleep early that night but failed so, he just drinks to finish the wine that New gave him with the hope the alcohol will helps him, and he don't want to keep it the wine in his house, but he does keep the bottle with him at the end after finished it.

******************

That night, after New tidied up the picnic set, he goes down to his unit and sees there are ten calls from his mother. He knows what to expect, his mother wants to ask about the news as if it is true.

"New what is this that I heard? You are dating an actress? Until when will you play around?" His mother fires with question without him get a chance to say 'Hello' after he picked up the phone call.

"Ma. I'm not dating her. I'm just close to her, we have a drama together. We just getting to know each other to have chemistry."

"Whatever! Just clean up this mess fast. I don't want the news my son dates an actress to spread and when will you stop your play acting everything. I already cannot bear when you played BL before, now this." His mother voice raises a bit and he can hear the dissatisfaction.

"Ma. That's my work. I earn money by acting. I'm not playing around.

"Nah... I don't like it. When will you quit? Your father needs someone to help his company."

"Ma. Nat is there to help him, and I did give money to investment for every project, I also one of the biggest shareholders."

"Remember New, your 10 years limit is nearing. Whatever the situation you will marry whoever I arrange, and you will become the heir of the company, I don't want your father son to take it over. I'm happy that you are not a homo after acting with a guy. I don't like how you are close with that guy he is reeks of homo."

"Ma.. Tay is my best friend. He never dates any guys before. Why do you say that? It is in the series. He is the one that helps me, when I'm new in Bangkok from my freshman year until now."

"First clean all this mess. I don't want this news spread out, it makes you looks like a playboy. Remember New, your promise to comeback to back to Chiangmai and take over the business. You will marry who I want."

New just agreeing on everything that his mother want and ended the call. This is a bad day. He never thought that Tay knew the news before he tells him. The news also is a public stunt from their agency and he just getting to know the girl and it is the beginning of a relationship.

******************

21st July 2021

Early morning, Tay, Off and Arm are heading to the temple, and they are free today but late afternoon that Off must go to the office because he has a live event for an online shop with Gun. The whole car ride, Tay was quiet and both Arm and Off give time for Tay to talk. After, they done the merit and headed to eat brunch, when they seated to wait for the food, Tay finally voice out.

"We have a big fight yesterday. Like big. I was first wanting to wait he tells me first although I already know it from Lee, he gives me the news link but New tried to find fault in my moving decision. Then, it is escalated to me questioned him dating his co-actress as he swore before he doesn't want to date anyone in the showbiz because he said it is his principle. I know that he is from a big family-owned company in Chiangmai and maybe that's why he said that because it will ruin his name. But seriously, I don't understand him. He said it is just getting to know her, I know that 'getting to know' will change into dating."

"So, what happen after you fight?" Arm ask Tay slowly as he knows Tay rarely fight or mad on someone but the way he talks today. He is so mad with New, and he is grateful they pick up a seat in the corner far from everyone and it is weekdays before lunch hour so there are only few people in the restaurant.

"I left him and tell him to not call or meet me until the dinner at least. He planned a picnic for us on the rooftop, but everything was ruined because of the fight. I know he was crying because his eyes already watery when we fight but I really can see him last night. So, I just left him with the wine that he gave me. He bought me a wine with my birthyear."

Tay's information about the picnic makes Arm and Off looking at each other. Both confused with Tay's and New's behavior. Their friends can never put a specific word on Tay and New relationship because of these gestures, special celebration, present, and everything but they just keep quiet on it as this is something both Tay and New must figure out themselves.

******************

28th July 2021

It is already a week from their fight. New didn't dare to approach him when during the birthday party with all his friends. He did give another present, it is the stylish and waterproof branded camera bag that he planned to buy with embroidery on the strap wrote 'Tay Tawan V.' he feels touch as he really loves it, but he still has his pride and do not want to contact New yet and he really do not know what to talk. He forgives him, not really but it is in the direction.

Tay is at the office, he sees Papa J, New's manager and he is calling him to talk with him a bit as Tay is free until another hour. Tay knows that it will be about New. He does hear from here and there that it is a public stunt but the way New's actions, he knows New is in the beginning of a relationship.

"Tay, do you know about New's relationship with Nina? As it is a public stunt." Papa J asks Tay after they enter the small meeting room.

"Yes. I know. I hear it here and there about it, but I know New, this relationship will become real. He just had a bad break up with his ex, I don't understand why he is so fast in move on into another relationship."

"Hmmm... I know about the breakup, but I really can't say anything what will happen with this relationship. You are the closes to him, if you said he will really date her, I will be ready with the situation. But I want to ask if you have a fight with New? Before you say anything, New didn't tell me anything but he just asked me about you as if I see you or anything in the office."

"Okay.. But what did you tell him? We just had a fight on New's choice, he always told me that he will never date anyone from showbiz and there was once he accidentally told me that his mother will mad at him." Tay told Papa J honestly as he knows that Papa J will need to know as he will help New.

"Hmm.. That's why I heard that his mother called him few times when we are on set. We already set up the press conference for that maybe I will need to help him more with his family. By the way Tay, I heard from your manager when we arrange schedule for both of you, I know that you will be on hiatus from November until next June. Does New knew it? Now, I know that both of you are fighting, fortunately that I didn't spill it to New as I just knew it this morning."

Tay shocked when Papa J mentioned that he knows about his hiatus. "Papa J please keep it a secret. To be honest, I have a problem with New with our weird relationship that I need some space to think. But I'm just doing some work abroad, not really a hiatus. More like my other dreams."

"Photography, is it? New always mentioned how good you are with camera, and he likes your photos. Okay Tay, I'll keep it a secret but please make up with New, he is being depressed and looking at his phone in every breaks."

"Okay Papa J. Does he have any schedule today? I'll call him to meet him. I know he will stay anxious if I don't."

"No, he doesn't have anything today. You can call him now."

After Papa J left the meeting room, Tay take out his phone and call New. After a few rings, New picks up.

"Hi Hin. Do you want to have dinner together and we can talk too?"

"Yes. Where do you want to eat Te?" New's voice sound happy when he answers Tay's question.

Tay ends his call with a plan of having dinner together with New this evening at their favourite place. 

A/N: Sorry for the late update, I just can't adapt with the weather and I always tend to be sick when it is the hot season. Click the vote and leave some comments. Thanks..