Chapter 18: Rumors

TW: homophobic, panic attack

17th October 2021

“But why New? I thought we are trying date? To know each other more.”

“Nina.. Please understand that our relationship is just arranged by the company. I feel like I’m cheating as I have another person in my heart.”

“Is it that girl that meet you? That girl you met last few weeks?” Nina starts sobbing as after New finished his words.

“No. She is just a family’s friend. She is also a fan, a shipper. Yes, it is true our mothers tried to arrange marriage for us, but that meeting just a formality to reject each other.”

“No!! No! No! I don’t believe it!”

“Nina.. Please calm down. Although we are in a private room, who knows who will heard your voice outside.”

“No. I don’t want to. Who is it? Who is in your heart? I thought you are trying to accept me? If not that girl, then who? Tay?”

New shocked with Nina’s words that make him speechless. He just can’t seem to deny that someone is Tay. He feels like he is denying his own feelings and he already receive the pain with his fight with Tay last Saturday.

“So, it’s him? You homo! If you want to cover yourself, don’t use me! Go find other women!” Then, Nina just stands up and leave the restaurant’s private room with tears and rage on her face she exits the resaurant witthout the care of the people inside the restaurant.

18th October 2021

“New, what happen with this gossip tabloid’s article? Is it true that you make her cried? I already remind you to stay out of scandal. We already near the end of the promotion of the lakorn and we are in the middle of filming our movie..”

“I’m sorry Pa but I can’t give her the reationship that she wants. She even overthinking so much, I afraid if I didn’t end it early the reationship may dragged into something else and as you said that it is near the end of the promotion, we don't need to sell gossip about us anymore, we will not even promote together so, I think this is the best time.” New explains on his excuses and he doesn’t feel good to maintain the ‘relationship’ as he got fight with Tay.

“By the there is a rumor flying around about an actor that have a relationship with his co-actress in a drama that is airing. Some people are pointing that actor is you so, please be extra careful as they only said that they got a confession on the wrongdoing of the actor from the victim but people are trending in the twibo and the trending seems inorganic and maybe someone boost it to make it stay on the top. Fortunately, your news with Nina will be likely to be burried down. ” Papa J explain worriedly as he is afraid the rumors that called out the actor make people think it is about artist under him.

New just hmm as agree and Papa J continues saying that the actor that they described is their real name start with T, graduated in master and the account said they know each other from the master class, have a drama airing. New got goosebumps when Papa J mentioned the description as it matched him and they said they got some dirt that will destroy his career. New knows that he never does anything that break the laws but in this social media era, any facts can be manipulate and destroy the image of someone.

—------------------------

BRRRRRRRRR!!!! BRRRRRR!!! BRRRRRR!!!!

“Hello, Paa.. Why are you calling at night? I don’t have any schedule anymore after we meet in the afternoon, right?” New answered the phone. He can hear Papa J’s breathe is short and he is kind of panting from running around.