Chapter 13: Complicated

28th July 2021

"Hin. Hi! Thanks for pick me up. where are we will go for dinner tonight?"

"Maybe at restaurant at that alley. It is kind close to our apartment and it do not have that much crowd."

Tay just hmm as he agrees with New's suggestion as that restaurant also their go to restaurant as the place serves delicious food and the spiciness can be adjusted to suit both of their taste.

During, the whole drive the air of awkwardness is thickens as both do not start any other conversation. They are seated and already ordered their foods.

"Umm..."

"Umm..." Both tried to talk at the same and offer each other to talk first.

"Okay. I talk first." Tay start the conversation. "How are you, Hin? Are you okay facing the issue? I heard that it is a publicity stunt, but I know that you are close with her. Hmmm.. Does your family okay with it? I remember that you mentioned that you will not date a celebrity because of your family. I heard from Papa J that your mom called few times during filming."

"I'm okay for now. She also did some PR action at her side so that the news is not getting too wild. About my mom. Hmm... Her reaction is so her. I got a scolding as she said that she embarrasses with my job and ask when I'm going to stop playing actor, but I think my dad is okay, he understands. But, enough about me. What about you Te. Do you like the gift? I remember that you want that bag."

"Thanks Hin. I really like it. I'll use it if I go to photography trip. That waterproof function is good I really like it. I planned to .... "

Brrr..... Brrrrr.... Tay's phone vibrates before he finishes his words and Tay says sorry to New and picks it up.

"Tay, never do this before, he usually ignores his phone when he is with me." New is wondering who's calling him and makes him picked up the call.

"Yes, Anna why are you calling me? Oh… Sorry, sorry. Okay now I’m talking in English. Satisfy? Hmm... Okay, that's nice I want to go. Free time? Wait I check my schedule." When Tay picks up his call, he talks in Thai but suddenly changes to talk fully in English makes New shocked beyond words. Then, Tay stops in the middle of it and ask for his iPad from New.

"Hin, can you pass me the iPad, please." New passes the iPad to Tay and Tay continues making plan with the person on the phone that he mentioned the name is Anna at the beginning of the call. New's mind becomes more chaotic, and he questions who, when, where, how? He never knows any Tay's friend name Anna. Why is he talking in fully English? Is she, his girlfriend? How he doesn't know anything.

"Okay, I'm free on those dates, see you. Bye Anna." New does not heard anything that Tay talks to the phone and when he realized it Tay already ended his call. New’s mind more chaotic as he does not hear anything that they are talking about.

After Tay ends his call, their food arrives. They eat with a little chat about their work progress. New wants to ask about the phone call but he afraid that the same thing happens like the night of Tay's birthday but New really can't deny that he feels uneasy about Tay's new friend Anna that he don't know. Their relationship or friendship right now turns into complicated relationship. Lastly, New just settle by listen to all the story that Tay tells him because he is afraid that this complicated situation will becomes worse.

"Tay, are you free any evening this week? Let's get dinner together again."

"Oh. Hin, I'm sorry. I got full schedule this week and I got photography plan with Lee this weekend during the free time. I kind of promised him for him to test my camera and I don’t think we will finish it early. Do you know that new kid in the company that acts together with Mek and Mook?"