Chapter Three

Spark's POV:

I got home and of course my mother wasn't home. So I walked outside for a walk. I feel cramped inside the small duplex we called home. It was a bit run down since my mother was never home to take care of things that needed to be done. I would do it if I had the resources and power to. Either way I try to spend most of my time in my room or outside. So I stepped down our dirty path and onto the cracked street that was due for a repaving. I walk down the street, cold air nipping at my nose and fingers. It's the afternoon, not too late but the sun is setting. It's silent, families all inside eating dinner or having family time. The only noise is the buzz from the street lights and the silent padding of my feet as I walk down the street. I wasn't planning on being pretty much ran over.

I was simply minding my own business. I was walking and staring at my shoes, thinking about life. When I passed Avenue and was turning the corner onto North, I thought about turning around. My head turned a bit to see if I wanted to go back. However, while my head was turned I got ran into. I fell on my butt and my hair went into my face. I did that weird "PHHHHTTTTPPH" sound thing trying to get my hair away from my face, and I finally looked up with anguish. I wasn't expecting to see Alex there. He's looking down with me, his piercing eyes turning from a dark concentrated look to a distant worry. He gives me his hand and I grab it, letting him pull me up.

"Sorry" he breathes looking at me.

"It's fine. I wasn't looking. Hey, what are you doing over here anyways?" I ask, knowing its stupid since I'm out here too. Dummy. I brush dirt and dust off my skinny jeans and readjust my sleeves.

"Just getting air, ya know?" He replies looking away from me. I look at him and smile weakly. I slightly nod.

"Well..." I trail off thinking. "Wanna get some ice cream from the place around the corner?" I ask nervously. He looks at me blankly blinking for a few seconds before grinning.

"Sure." And we start walking.

We sit at the ice cream shop and I order a simply mint Oreo smoothie. He goes with a salted Carmel sundae. The cashier looks at us and smiles.

"You guys are a cute couple!" She's gleeful. I open I mouth to protest but Alex is already smiling and nodding, and then we walks off to his seat.

We sit down and I just look at him. "So how's school?" I ask in a funny tone smirking a bit. He smiles and shakes his head.

"Just FABULOUS" he raises his arms and flops them back down, flicking his wrist.

"Kay den" laughter fills my mouth. I'm finally smiling.

We talk about random topics for quite a while. Until a phone rings. I look into my pocket but I remember I left mine at home. He looks down and gets out his phone. His face flashes pale for a second, before returning to its normal flesh color. I study him carefully as he types something up, hits send, and looks back up.

"Something wrong?" I ask, worry in my voice.

"Nah, gurl it's fine." He smiles again, and I can't help but feel fine with his grin.

*AUTHORS NOTE: I KNOW THIS IS THE SHORTEST CHAPTER EVER AND IM SORRY BUT I HAVE WRITERS BLOCK SO JUST TAKE THIS AND YEAH.* *runs away and hides in corner* don't be mad at meh ;-;