1 - Departure|Rumbling|

I'm so ready, Calissa thought boarding the boat.

 "Get of women," A guy yelled at me accompanied by laughter from his friend.

''Excuse me?'' Calissa scoffed. 

''Yea, the Hunter exam isn't for kids.'' Another added. 

Calissa debated if she should start a scene or not and took the easiest route out. ''Fuck off.'' She cursed with a clear Australian accent and walked away. 

Turning a corner she saw Leorio. Smiling her nerves may not have allowed her to sit next to him but eventually, she would have to, so it didn't matter. Taking a seat against the corner of the room Calissa grabbed a book

As a storm ragged on Calissa closed her book. That was quick, so gons here now. Dusting her pants she curiously went outside. ''Ahh.'' Screams of chaos greeted her.

''Oh,'' She mumbled. ''What did i expect.'' Shaking her head she walked back inside.

''You four come with me " the captain called out. Turning her head she smiled and followed him down a hallway.

"First, tell me your names" The captain demanded with a pipe in his mouth. 

Sheesh, Calissa thought slightly annoyed. 

"I'm Gon!" Gon, raised his hand up energetically.

" Kurapika ..." Kurapika said with a calm yet serious face.

''Calissa.'' She smiled.

''Leorio.'' Leorios face held an irritated expression.  

''Why do you want to become hunters? "The captain asked so casually, his hands are still inside his pockets and he was still smoking. Hearing the question, Leorio protests.

 "Hey! If you're not an examiner, you can't boss us around!" Leorio pointed his fingers at the captain in indignation.

"Just answer the question!" the captain demanded again.

''My dad was a hunter " Gon revealed, " I left whale island because I wanted to know, why my dad desired so much to leave me for being a hunter " he revealed.

Raising her eyebrows Calissa looked shocked. That-just no.

"Hey, kid! you're not supposed to answer his question " Leorio scolded gon.

 "Why can't I tell him why I'm here?" Gon looked at Leorio with an innocent but also a somehow confused face.

''Uh.'' Calissa got the attention of the room. ''I would like to gain a hunter's licence so i can explore the dark continent.''. That wasn't really a lie.

Leorio shouted, ''Hey!W-what is that?''.

The room shared a look of confusion. Calissa slightly chuckled at his unknown but accurate question about the dark continents.

The captain nodded and looked at kurapika who respectfully declined to give his reasoning. 

''tell the examination board that we have four more dropouts," he said calmly yet seriously. 

"What do you mean?" Leorio asked. 

To answer Leorio's question, the captain went on to explain that the hunter examination has begun and that they will only proceed to the main exam if he passes them. After hearing the captain's explanation, Kurapika opens his mouth and starts talking about why he wants to become a hunter and that he does not fear death. The mode dropped.

His whole clan was gone by the phantom troupe. I couldn't imagine. Calissa refused to compare it to her situation out of guilt.

Leorio and Kurapika started an argument over hunters.

''C- CAPTAIN! LOOK! A HUGE WATERSPOUT SUDDENLY APPEAR!" The show carried on like normal. 

"If we get caught by that waterspout, the ship will sink," Katsuo said, his face looking terrified as he looked at the waterspout.

I can't believe I'm here. 

 "Lower the sails now!" The captain commanded Katsuo and then Katsuo reply with "Aye!" as he took more of a blond stance.

"I'll help!" Gon said as he looked at Katsuo with a serious face.

"Same " Calissa told them walking up to them. 

"Uh-huh, come with me," Katsuo said. Following him, Calissa felt excitement rush throughout her body. 

Grabbing onto a rope she tugged on it until Katsuo went flying. Well, they have that settled, Calissa thought. Waiting for the storm to finish.

''I take back everything I said!'' Leorio declared right as Calissa was passing bad.

Good for him, Calissa smiled and walked up to the group. The captain called them into his office. 

''So.... I'll make sure you four get dropped off at the port closest to the exam site. How does that sound?'' The response was found in the group's smiles.

''It sounds good.'' Calissa smiled and was met with silence.

''Alright!'' Gon's cheers broke it.

Getting out of the boat a stop earlier Calissa waved the tri bye. ''I have something I need to do.''She told them.

''Alright, bye Calissa-san.'' Gon waved, Smiling back. 

Kurapika stopped for a second and soon after waved. ''Are you crazy?'' Leorio shouted 

Calissa laughed and waved back. I have to do the hunter exam as solo as I can, so... I'll go to a different site. ''Or I'm just gonna go the site myself.'' Calissa smiled and went on her way.

Once in the city, all Calissa had to do was follow the strong amounts of nen[or]. ''And here I am, ''She mumbled. Walking into the back lift. I have a suspension they'll let me in. The elevator travelled down and beans greeted her. 

''Hello.'' Calissa cheerfully smiled. 

''Hello, please take your number badge. Thank you.'' Beans held out number 111. Then walked off.

''Nice.''. 

Where to now? I suppose I'll just wait. Calissa moved to lean a pipe and took out a book.

''Hello there, must have been hard to make it this far.'' Tonpa's voice patronised her. 

Smiling Calissa turned to face him. ''It was fine''.

''Well in that case how about we drink to it,'' Tonpa said, pulling a can out of his bag.

Sighing she shook her head. ''No, thanks.''. 

"I insist.".

"A blank look was passed to Tonpa. "Your not subtle." Calissa gave an annoyed smile telling him to go away.

''See you then,'' Tonpa walked away. 

Finally, the time ran out.

''I apologize for the wait. The entry period for Hunter applicants has ended. The Hunter Exam will now begin! A final caution. If you are short on luck or ability, you could very well end up seriously injured or even dead. Those who accept the risks, please follow me. Otherwise, please exit via the elevator behind you.'' Satou told the contests getting dead silence in return.

''Very well. All 404 applicants will participate in Phase One.'' Satou announced and began walking down a tunnel.

Fun fact

[Calissa is an intp] along with Killua,]]