Chapter 18: Xamira and Xion's New Problem

(Harmonyx's) POV:

When Arietta, her liger and I arrived in Twilight Town, Roxas appeared not long afterwards. While Arietta's liger laid down, trying to nap, the three of us sat down to eat our ice cream. We were all waiting for Xamira and Xion to arrive when an unexpected familiar voice spoke up.

"Hey, Harmonyx, Roxas! And Arietta's here, too?"

We shift our attention to see someone we hadn't seen in a while.

"Axel..." I say, surprised to see him.

"You're back!" Roxas exclaims.

Axel takes a seat next to me. "Yep! I just got home. So, are you all holding up?"

"Yeah," Roxas answers.

"Everything's been fine," I say.

"Where's Xamira and Xion?" Axel asks.

"They haven't come yet," Arietta answers.

"They're usually here by now," Roxas points out before taking a bite of his ice cream. "This isn't like them..."

I hope...nothing bad has happened to them...

(3rd) POV:

Meanwhile, in the Organization's castle, Xamira and Xion return to give their report to Saix and Xemnas in the Round Room.

"Report," Xemnas orders.

"...We went to Beast's Castle...and confronted the imposters," Xion begins to explain.

"...We fought them...and lost to them," Xamira finishes. "We...apologize for failing our mission."

"No matter. I always knew you two were defects," Saix says coldly, his voice like ice.

Xamira and Xion flinched at Saix's harsh words. After being permitted to leave the Round Room, the girls retreated to their own rooms, succumbing to their own depression.

"How could they...say that?" Xamira asks herself, thinking back on the mission she and Xion were given.

(flashback)

"It's been a while since we got teamed up together," Xion says, happy.

Xamira nods her head. "It sure has. Though, I know we don't have hearts, I really don't like the way Saix looks down on us, treating us like objects."

"I know what you mean. We are Nobodies, so we can't expect to be treated like real people. Neither of us can even remember what it was like to be human," Xion points out as she and Xamira arrive at the Beast's Castle.

"It's not just that. I'm a fractured Nobody, and am not even expected to be around forever. Before you joined the Organization, I was told that I wouldn't last for more than 2 years and fade away completely, because my body is even more incomplete than any other Nobody. I didn't even have the strength to move my own legs right until mine and Harmonyx's fifth day in the Organization."

"I think I remember hearing about that when I first became a member. Someone mentioned that you were finally using your legs by then."

Xamira nods her head. "Right. So, even though I don't like Saix, I can understand why he thinks I'm not needed, because I might not even be around once Kingdom Hearts is completed. But even though I'm not going to be around forever, I still want to do my part as someone who wields the Keyblade, and do what I can to help so that I have no regrets."