Chapter 35: Xion the Replica

~Day 353~

(3rd) POV:

After waking up, Axel leaves his room. As he walks through the castle halls, he soon spots Saix in his path. Axel sighs, already aware that it was bound to happen at some point. The question he was thinking was what sort of punishment Saix might have in store for him this time.

"Looks like you've meddled again," Saix says.

"Sorry, did you say something?" Axel sarcastically asks.

"The Organization doesn't need all four of them. Just one or two will suffice," Saix says. He walks toward Axel till they are face to face. "Stop pretending. Think about that." 

Axel glares at Saix, who walks away.

"I'm not pretending anything!" he exclaims, angered by Saix's words.

Meanwhile, Arietta tries to get ready for the day in her room. The door opens, making her look to see that it was Legretta who had entered.

"Van told me to inform you that we have no further use for the Organization, just as they have no further use of us," says Legretta.

Arietta's eyes widen. "What?"

"Did you not hear me? In a few days, we will be leaving. We've got what we wanted, and so has the Organization. There is no longer any need for us to continue collaborating any longer. And none too soon for the wear, either."

"What do you mean?" Arietta asks.

"Do you really not get it? I'm taking about the Nobodies you've been clinging onto since the beginning: Harmonyx, Xamira, Roxas, Axel and Xion. Your letting your emotions get the better of you. Arietta, how many times does it take to tell you? They're Nobodies, not people. They have no hearts to feel anything."

"I know, but--"

"Van and Xemnas have been aware of this since the very start of how close the six of you have become, but gracefully brushed it aside as an act of mercy. But yesterday clearly proved it that you have led yourself go astray. Did you really think no one would notice how you and Axel got in the way of what the Organization was trying to do?"

"No, I didn't...But Harmonyx and the others...If I didn't do something, none of them would have survived. They're my friends!"

"Friends? Arietta, have you forgotten the reason why we came here in the first place? Have you forgotten what Van has done for you ever since you were found?"

"No, I haven't, but--!"

"Then stop deluding yourself into thinking that these Nobodies actually care about you. They have no hearts to feel with. You're only causing your own suffering, by pretending what is not there. It's no different than how our home world, Auldrant, actually believes in the Score to bring everlasting peace. It's time to face reality for what it is. The sooner you learn that, the better."

Unable to take Legretta's harsh words, Arietta clutches her doll tight and cries into it. Arietta's liger, who had heard the entire conversation, growls dangerously at Legretta, angered that she had upset Arietta.

Legretta sighs, believing Arietta's behavior to be foolish. "As of this moment, the rest of the God-Generals, including you and I, won't be going on any more missions with the Organization. We'll be leaving in a few days. I suggest you have all of your things sorted out by then."

Even after Legretta left, Arietta continued to cry her eyes out. Her liger becomes worried, and tries to comfort her. She then cries into her liger's fur. "I know...I know...I know that I owe so much to Van for all that he's done for me...Just as much as I owe Master Ion! But Harmonyx and the others...they...they've become so precious to me...like Ion and Mommy...What do I do? What do I do...?"