Judith

The days pass, one by one. Rat has become Isabella's shadow. He watches her day and night and reports to Simon daily.

Simon: How can you sit here and tell me she doesn't have a daily routine? Everybody has one. There's something everyone does every day, same time, same place.

Rat: Maybe, but not her. I don't know what to tell you, boss. I have been watching her for days and all I can say is... Wow!

Simon: What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Rat: The woman is amazing. She's beautiful, smart, rich. She's got the whole world at her feet, but she's not like the others.

Simon: I know that, Rat.

Rat: What I mean is that while she might live a sweet life - you know - going from party to party, fashion show to fashion show, she...

Simon: What does she do?

Rat: She lives an ordinary life. She only goes out with her brothers, never alone. She takes a taxi instead of a limousine. Once she even took the subway. Can you believe it? The fucking subway! She has a fucking limo and uses public transportation! Also...

Simon: What?

Rat: This whole animal thing. Every day - I mean every night - she comes out of the hotel with a kitchen worker and they go to the park.

Simon: What do they do there?

Rat: They feed the strays. The employee has big bags of various kitchen scraps in his hand and she sits on the grass and feeds the animals. She squats on the ground around cats and dogs, birds and even squirrels!

Simon: Tell me something, Rat.

Rat: What, boss?

Simon: Do you have brain damage or something?

Rat: Huh?

Simon: You fucking idiot! This is the daily routine I asked for. That's it, Rat!

Rat: I never thought of that.

Simon: Of course, you didn't! You need a brain for that. All you have is a piece of cheese full of holes.

Rat: Now what?

Simon: Now I'm going to give her what she wants, Rat. A hero!

Rat: Can I help you?

Simon: Sure, but don't worry. It will be easy enough. You don't need a brain for this!

Rat: Ok. Tell me what I have to do.

Simon: Put one of us in the hotel kitchen and make sure he's the one who takes her to the park at night. Not a big guy. Find someone tiny.

Rat: You don't mean the Tiny we all know, do you?

Simon laughs.

Simon: No. I mean someone who's really tiny!

Rat: Okay, that's easy. Keep going!

Simon: He will wait for a signal from me when the job is to be done. I will then give him specific instructions.