Gaining The Power (Taking Up The Mantle)

In a dark warehouse, a group of gangsters were gathered together amongst some motorcycles and cars and trucks in a garage. In another room, some gangsters were in some kind of drug lab with vibranium nearby.

Gang Member #1: "Hey, good job on stealin' that vibranium, Miguel."

Miguel: "Thanks, I guess. It wasn't that hard, surprisingly."

Gang Member #2: "Well, the boss is gonna be real happy with ya."

The sound of doors opening echoes through the warehouse. Miguel, a Wankandan, flinched a bit as heavy footsteps fill his ears.

Gang Member #2: "And here he comes."

A muscular man walks forward, the leader of the gang inside the warehouse. He was a terrifying gang boss that could never break.

Gang Boss: "How is production for the drug going?"

Gang Member #3: "Really good, sir. It'll take a few months to get enough going for mass production, but it'll be worth the wait."

Miguel couldn't help but gulp at the sight of the man as a bead of sweat rolls down his forehead. He had betrayed his own country for this criminal.

Gang Boss: "Good. I want as many men as you can get to get on the drug manufacturing. Everyone else will be working on our vehicles."

Gang Member #3: "You got it, Boss."

The gang member walks off to rally the troops as the boss continues walking forward.

Gang Boss: "It's time for us to show New York who we are."

"We are through with hiding

"We are through with hiding."

Avengers Compound...

You stir awake with a groan escaping your lips. Your eyes flutter open and you look around, finding yourself on your bedroom floor.

FRIDAY: "Good morning, Y/n. I hope you slept well."

Y/n: "I guess I did..."

You say as you stand, discarding your blanket and not noticing the claw tears on it. You begin waving your hand around to find your glasses.

FRIDAY: "Bio-scan complete. You seem to be doing better than yesterday, Y/n. Your temperature of one hundred thirty-two degrees to ninety-eight."

Y/n: "Huh...? Oh, right. I got bit by something..."

You couldn't really remember. Your head felt fuzzy. Maybe it will pass.

You finally find your glasses and bring them up to your face. However, when you put them on, everything suddenly became incredibly blurry. You were confused and took your glasses off, only for everything to become crystal clear. You put your glasses on and take them off a few more times before setting them back down on your nightstand.