Chapter 2: Awaiting Fate

During the fight, Megumi used her whip as she tried to attack Aoi, but he manages to dodge the attack very fast as if he looks like as if he is teleporting.

Megumi uses her ropes of patience to trap Aoi. She succeeded and bashed him against the wall but his Akumu turned into a sickle like blade helping him break free.

Megumi got a bit overwhelmed by his power, due to being new to this type of magic like the others. After she realizes that her strings are durable and can scratch, she uses this knowlage to injure Aoi in battle.

But, he already charged his special attack: Rhabdophobia(kinda like an uno reverse card). He uses his attack in time before he gets hurt and directs the attacks back to Megumi. Due to how much strings she used. Her strings cut her skin and sometimes the cuts are even deeper.

She is still able to fight longer but Aoi uses his slash attack and she almost got sliced in half if Kusonoki watching did not counter it. Aoi decided to leave and look for more souls to feast on. Kusonoki and Megumi decided to leave the lab and drive home. Z(mariachimylove ) noticed that fighting against the Masashige family was no use and she started to go on their side instead of Aoi's.

Yasu picked their kids up just in time and also returned home. Once the family is back, everyone was there. Futaomote, Shaku, Biwaki and the rest sat down on the table for dinner. One thing that caught their eye was Megumi who had many scratches from head to toe. "Oh dear, what happened?!" said Shizu. Kusonoki said that her own strings from her magic scratches her due to Aoi using his special attack and almost got killed by his slash attack from his scythe.

At sunset, Sama was walking in the park. She was fond of seeing children playing with each other. She felt relaxed when she is around them as she remembered playing with Hiachi in her last memory of her previous timeline. The children were called by their parents and left the park. Only Sama was left after that. She watched the setting sun, and then pulled out a picture of her, and the rest of the beasts.

Quote:
"Is it lovely my friends, I missed you guys so much. I wish you can see the sunset with me...If you are watching. Yuma, Isn't beautiful?, Enzukai, Isn't lovely?, Netamo, Isn't it pleasant. What is this
feeling?"
-Kintoru

After crying, she went back to the Masashige's house. All of them are asleep as she goes to Yasu's bed. And tucks in her blanket. And starts to doubt herself, what she did in the past timeline, what she did to everyone and what she did to humanity.

Next day, the family had their breakfast as usual, but Sama was the accepted by them. Yasu does the same, Bringing the children to school and going back home. Adults having jobs and everything was normal.

When Yasu heard a knock on the door, he opened it and could not believe his eyes as he saw a familiar face.

Yasu: J-J-Juno?!
Juno: Yasu?!

*They both hugged as Juno returned to the house*

Yasu: I missed you!!!
Juno: I missed you too!!!

"Where have you been?" said the rejoiced Yasu.
"Oh yeah about that..."(Queue Torikku from The Mimic: origins).

Yasu saw her soul and it is orange like Yasu's. OMG! Your soul trait is the same as mine: Bravery.

They proceeded to spend time with each other once they reunited.

Shizu is also in Yasu's house was about to treat Megumi's wounds. Realizing that she has healing powers as she has the soul of kindness, she has an advantage to help people more easily.

Final word count: 637