Chapter 1: A fighting spirit

Everything is just a game.... We aren't real after all...
Wake Up!!! Says the impatient Hiachi. Yasu woke up feeling exausted. He had an idea to bring Hiachi to school because Sama's Curse is removed.

Everything is going well for him until a guy with very light blue hair with pink tips was crossing the streets, not knowing that a car is about to crash him.

Yasu uses his powers to stop the car and protect the mysterious person, shielding him. He then says thank you and introduces himself. His name is Aoi. No last name though... Yasu continues to bring hiachi to school.

A lone woman going by the name Z a traitless was working for an anti-magic organization, she has a HATE vial on her hands. A shadow came out of the ground revealing to be Aoi starts to talk to her, "I will help you find and kill them". Then Z starts to make a deal with Aoi. Z was near the park and saw Mihari, she tried to aim at her but failed.

Futaomote peeks in the corner as she eavesdropping conversations noticing how his soul glows pink and reading the books that Kusonoki dropped. She saw the horrifying truth and warns Mihari about Aoi but it is too late... he was already there.

He also said that he is a bête noire, revealing his akumu and hallucinates Futaomote into seeing Hiachi. Futaomote can't hear Mihari warning her. He is about to impale Futaomote but Mihari protects her from the damage. However, She got her soul taken and Futaomote ran away.

Yasu is done bringing Hiachi to school but when he saw her mother Futaomote...she was crying after seeing Aoi stole Mihari's soul. Yasu was surprised to know that Aoi is not on their side. He knew that Futaomote was telling the truth and brought her back home so that she can share here story.

Biwaki staying with Kusonoki hugging him was hurt the most as she and Mihari are sisters and that their dad died.

At midnight, Yasu heard a knock on the door. When he opened it, it was Sama. Yasu said in a quiet but stern voice "What The Hell are you DOING here?!" Sama then cries and tells Yasu about how she got here and her story. (Go to the: The Lost One(side story) to know her backstory). Yasu then believed her and gave her his bed. He then proceeds to sleep on the couch.

The couch feels soft even though it has been like years old. He also told Hiachi the story and due to still liking Sama, She also believed the story. And with Sama, she misses her friends and when the day comes when she dies, she wants to be buried under a cherry blossom tree. She also proceeds to go to sleep as well.

On the next day, Megumi is going to the lab early without telling everybody. Aoi however is also in the lab, forcing Z to give the HATE vial in which he succeeded. Everyone woke up for breakfast. Sama then tries to go outside without drawing attention.

She got caught regardless as everyone was staring at her in disbelief. Kusonoki was very mad and tells her to leave. This goes the same as Futaomote, remembering her life when it was Sama's fault in the previous timeline. Everyone else stood silent. Hiachi however said that Sama has changed. She also told everyone Sama's backstory.

Kusonoki then said "Is the story true?". Sama was shocked and nodded her head. Kusonoki then noticed that Megumi is not present. And then goes to the lab. Seeing both Aoi and Megumi. Kusonoki knows this is bad as he watched them trying to fight.

To be continued in Chapter 2: Awaiting Fate.

Final count of words: 617