#9:HoW TO KNOW IF YOU ARE IN FRIENDZONE

A/N
Ah, the Friend Zone. The place where you think you might be when your female crush starts talking about how hot the guy in her math class is. The place where that guy you're crushing on puts you when he starts belching loudly and scratching himself in front of you, and then pals around with you like you're one of the guys. Want to know if you're in the Friend Zone, or if the guy or girl you like also feels butterflies when you lock eyes? See Step 1 to be on your way to finding out the truth.

1
See if you are the person your crush turns to to talk about his or her problems. If you are your crush's go-to person whenever something goes wrong, then you may be in the Friend Zone. Think about it. If your crush likes you back, then there will be an element of mystery in your relationship, and also an element of excitement. If your crush tells you every little thing on his or her mind or every little problem he or she has, then your crush isn't trying to impress you or cover things up, and this is probably because he or she sees you as a friend.

2
If your crush says something like, "I wanted to call you the second this happened," or "Your opinion means so much to me" or "I'm so glad I can count on you," these are all signs that he or she thinks of you as a really, really good friend.

3
See if your crush tells you about other people he or she likes. This is a dead giveaway that the person only sees you as a friend. If your crush goes on and on about how much he likes his cute coworker or how much she wants a new guy in school to ask her out, then you are definitely in the Friend Zone. If the person asks you for advice again and again and never once thinks that you might be interested, then you are definitely in the Friend Zone.

4
If your crush talks to you about other romantic opportunities, then you are probably in the Friend Zone. However, if you hear him or her saying things like, "None of the guys in my class are as good as you..." Or, "I just feel like I'll never find the right person..." then this may be a hint that you're the one.

5
See if your crush has friendly nicknames for you. If your crush likes to pal around with you and gives you cute but corny nicknames, such as "Buddy," "Brother," "Sister," "Champ," "Slugger," or "Kiddo," then yeah, you won't be feeling the love any time soon. This doesn't mean that the person will never be able to see you romantically, but that, right now, you are firmly entrenched in the Friend Zone.

6
See if you end up consoling your crush through a break-up. This is another red flag that you are absolutely in the Friend Zone. If the girl or guy you like just got dumped and you're the one who is there consoling him or her with a tub of ice cream and a Love Actually DVD, then you are deeply entrenched in the Friend Zone. If you're the one saying things like, "You can do so much better..." and "How could anyone not want to be with you?" then you are definitely just a friend.

7
If your crush really opens up to you and lets you see him or her during such a vulnerable time, then you are probably just a friend.