0007 | THE WAYNE FAMILY (& CO)!

THE WAYNE FAMILY (& CO)!
story: a sinners song (au) (think wayne family adventures au pretty much)
status: published
characters: augustine finley, dick grayson, tim drake, jason todd, damian wayne, cassandra cain, stephanie brown, duke thomas, bruce wayne, alfred pennyworth, and harlow finley.

a/n: Alright guys I have been living in my brain for way too long with aus for what August would be like with the entire batfam surrounding her ... so I decided to self indulge just a little and write this. again, like the story, August was not and will not be raised by Bruce in a typical father-daughter way and was never raised to see any of the typical batfam members as her siblings. Please do not make their relationship weird, I will fight you. Anyways, please don't be surprised if the characters are all very out of character ... I'm living my best Tumblr with the 2012 avengers tower headcanons type life rn with this. Gonna be real honest with you guys ... if this does well enough I WILL make a WFA crackhead augustdick au. It's also very fucking long, I'm sorry, I am apologizing now. I did not intend for it to be this long, it just happened.

Also, this is dedicated to three people who told me to do this: awfulmoons, angeIeyes, & antigalactic. Thanks for always listening to me about augustdick shit 😩😭

WAYNE MANOR WAS MANY THINGS, HOWEVER, QUIET IS NOT A WORD THAT AUGUSTINE WOULD USE TO DESCRIBE IT

WAYNE MANOR WAS MANY THINGS, HOWEVER, QUIET IS NOT A WORD THAT AUGUSTINE WOULD USE TO DESCRIBE IT. There were far too many people there for peacefulness to be an option — after all Bruce Wayne had a problem with taking in strays and then those strays would come home with friends. That's why Augustine was often found there. Her home was much quieter (she and Dick would often stay there with each other after long nights/patrols when they needed some sleep), but there was something fun in Wayne manor. Augustine thought, for a moment, that it was due to the fact that so many people came in and out of there. Day in, day out. There was never a dull moment. Always some argument going on in the background, and now and then an actual fight would break out between them. A brawl even. Looking back at it, Augustine was sure she had seen at least one of them with a knife in their hands during the fight.

Does that count as attempted murder? Augustine wasn't sure. Especially with anything in the Wayne home — everyone besides Alfred needed help. (Help is found in the form of a psychiatric professional, at least that was in Augustine's professional opinion). (Can she call it a professional opinion if she's yet to complete medical school?). Either way, she had seen a lot of violence on the streets of Gotham. Perhaps even more on the streets of Blüdhaven. But Wayne Manor put both of the cities to shame. It all came down to the people who came in and out of the manor, most of which were trained (or at least skilled) fighters. Most were even vigilantes. All but two of them were vigilantes (herself and Alfred made up that very small club) (Except, you see, Augustine couldn't even count herself in that club because she does have a vigilante counterpart, she is highly trained, she has supernatural powers, and she goes out on patrols at night) (Had been since she was a child! She just never wanted the life, oftentimes found herself sitting out on patrols to bake cookies with Alfred). Often Augustine wondered why she was even at Wayne manor.