Chapter 5: You are cordially invited to the Malfoy Family Yule

The Christmas holidays could not have come quicker, with the final Mock exams over

The Christmas holidays could not have come quicker, with the final Mock exams over. They took place within a week and was a non-stop everyday headache that Draco was glad to get rid of. Even though he said he wouldn't revise for his potions exams, he did find himself sitting with the rest of his friends in an empty classroom, with Slughorn (because a faculty member had to be present when in an empty classroom) and their aurors, cramming down extra work.

That was an interesting conversation to have with Slughorn when he realised that Draco was not at all interested in trying to pass the exam.

"So you're not going to study at all?"

"No."

"Ah you must already be so confident, my boy!"

"...what the actual-"

Theo was doing better and with each day that passed colour started to fill their days. Literally. None of them wanted to continue charming their uniform black every morning when those two minutes could have been spent looking over their notes. Or rather, Draco's simplified notes and Nott's colour coded ones.

"You know what, I you should colour code herbology to be green-"

"Why?"

"Because plants are green and-"

"No, why would you think I care?"

"...rude."

Overall their exams went swiftly, even with Greg who thought that his charms exam was the only one he wouldn't pass at. To be fair, the theory was a lot more advanced than any of them really initially thought. But that's probably what you get for underestimating Professor Flitwick. Draco had Theo's hands clasped in his own when they were apparated back to the Manor. Theo technically, now the Lord of Nott manor, much preferred leaving that mess until school finished.

Draco was more than happy to accommodate his best friend and his mother had the same outlook. His mother was standing outside of the Manor gates, her grin so wide and full of relief when she saw them. Her gaze flickered over to their two aurors, but once they left, she returned to her relaxed state. "How are you, my dear?" she questioned Theo first.

"Perfect madam, thank you for inviting me to stay-"

"Oh none of that Lord Nott, come here," she gathered Theo into her arms. Draco smiled fondly at the two, and grinned when Theo relaxed into her arms. "Come here Dragon," she whispered.

Draco rolled his eyes and bounded himself over to hug them both. Head resting comfortably atop of Theo's. "Right, we'll have the House Elves attend to the bags. Let's get Theo settled in my room and then talk about the journey. Mother?"

Narcissa was a beautiful woman, but Draco truly believed she was the prettiest every time she smiled at him exclusively. She wrapped an arm around Draco's and held a hand out for Theo to take. They all walked into the Manor after that.