Chapter Three

He watched me closely. Calculating my every move, watching me with his bright, golden eyes. I was curious and frightened by him. He was like no other guy I'd ever seen. 

"I'll be there soon Angel." 

I woke up Friday morning to the sound of my phone ringing, an unknown number. Curiosity killed the cat. Or Kitten.

"Hello?" I said groggily.

"Hey, when do you want me to pick you up this afternoon?" 

"Jase?"

"Yeah. I guess that means you haven't saved my number yet." 

"No," I said guiltily.

"Well, can I get an answer?" Jase asked.

"Oh, um, I can walk. The stadium isn't that faraway and then you can drive me to wherever we go after."

"I'll be there at 7." He hung up.

I groaned. Just what I wanted, to be stuck in a car alone with him. Not that he was a bad guy, it just didn't feel right. He was just a friend. 

"Key, I made breakfast." Grandma called.

I threw some clothes on and ran downstairs for some scrumptious homemade burnt toast. Very nutritious.

"Here Kitty Kitty, come give Gage some lovin'"

I glared at him from across the hall. First period hadn't even started and he was already on it. I played along and hissed.

"Now, now, I know we aren't on very good terms at the moment but no need to get feisty."

"Now, now, I know we aren't on very good terms at the moment but no need to be a pain in the ass." I threw back. 

He smirked, "Aren't we a witty kitty." I slammed my locker and stalked away, dodging a questioning Jase. I don't need this crap right now. I practically ran to Mr. Myers's room.

"How many  times have I told you not to run in the hall Kitten?" Mr. M yelled. I could hear him smiling. That was the only thing I ever got in trouble for. 

"Sorry sir."

"It's alright. Which one this time. Jase or Gage?"

"Gage."

"It's that boy's ego I tell you. He gets it from his father." He said. I smiled. Mr. Price was nice and funny, but he did have a big ego.

"Anyways," He continued,"You'll be surprised to hear that we have a new student coming in today. A few actually."

"Really, who?" I asked curious.

"He said his name was Pier Rave."