ᗪᙀTIᙓS ᗩS ᗩ ᒪᗩᑎᗪ ᘜOᗪ!

𝕍𝕠𝕥𝕖 - 𝕊𝕙𝕒𝕣𝕖 - 𝔽𝕠𝕝𝕝𝕠𝕨

Nanami had stayed overnight at the shrine. The next morning her eyes darted open as she sat up and ranted. "Talk about a weird dream! My dad ran away and the house got seized, so I didn't have anywhere to live until this man gave up his own home for me, but when I got there, it was a rundown shrine with little ghosts in it who told me I was a land god, which made me all like, what the heck, and then this obnoxious guy with ears named Tomoe or whatever wouldn't stop saying the whole thing was unacceptable so this guy M/n had to hit him upside the head. Hahaha. How funny(„⌒▽⌒„)" 

"Good morning, Lady Goddess of the land" they said on their knees, right at her feet. "And now if you please-!-" "--Get right to it!" he said finishing GirlY sentence. "To what?" [Both]"Your duties as a land god, my lady!" 

[GirlY]"We can begin with the cleaning of the yard!" she said as Nanami began sweeping the pathway to the shrine.

[BoyY] "All filth is to be purged to keep evil spirits at bay!" he said, making Nanami wipe the place down with a rag. 

[GirlY]"Next, neatly clear away the fallen leaves!" she told her as Nanami raked the leaves.

[BoyY]"Then, wipe the hall of worship with a damp cloth!" Nanami began wiping the floor of the worship hall. 

[GirlY]"Hurry! We still must weed the flowers!"

!!!"This is what a God has to DOOOO?!" she looks at them. "Hold on. I didn't think I ever actually agreed to be this land god, did I?(||||)" They gasped. [Both]"Oh, no! What're you saying?!" [GirlY]"Now that master Tomoe has left us--" [BoyY]"--and not knowing where M/n has gone off too--" [Both]"You are the only one who can protect this place, Lady Nanami! With us!" [GirlY]"Onkikiri!" [BoyY]"Kotetsu!" 

[Onkikiri]"We shall be here to help support the shrine!" [Kotetsu]"And we shall support you, Lady Nanami!" [Both]"So please do not hesitate to ask whatever you wish!" they say making her squat back down. "You know?" [Both]"YES?" "Who is that M/n and Tomoe anyway? They seem to be awfully close with each other" she asked curiously. 

[Onkikiri]Oh! Master Tomoe and M/n are familiars who serve Lord Mikage!" "Familyer?"

[Kotetsu]"No, familiar. Master Tomoe was originally a wild fox and M/n was also a wild Yokai but was brought on to serve and guard in place of a lion-dog" [Onkikiri]"Lord Mikage is not exactly a fan of dogs" she told her, holding up dog Kotetsu over her head. "Woof!" "Oh, yeah, I knew that" 

~~~~

She was currently plucking the weeds from outside in the back(I believe). "*Sighs*I guess this is a price for having a place to stay" she stated, then cut her finger. "Ow!" inspecting her finger but jumped at someone's sudden appearance. "So you do not even know how to properly weed. [fans self]What a tragically useless girl" he remarked smirking. "Whatdoyou want? I thought you left already. I bet you wouldn't even be saying that if M/n was around" she also remarked, going back to what she was doing. He blushed ever so slightly looking away at the mention of his name. "So what If he heard? He isn't going to do anything about it. [looks at her]You will never fulfill the duties of a land god. Why do you not head back home before you are forced to admit defeat?"

"Because I don't have a home to head back to. Thanks to all my father's debts, the house was seized, and I was kicked out" she told him in a serious tone. He stared rather for a moment before getting behind her just to kick her "Not my problem" he said before disappearing.

"What was that about?"

~~~~~

She flops on the floor backward. "I'm so tired. They may call me a god, land god, or what not. But I have a feeling they're just using that as an excuse to take advantage of me( ̄~ ̄||||)"

Hands clap together. "Dear God." a lady spoke. Nanami sat up to see who it was. "I'm here to pray for my daughter. Please allow her to give birth to a healthy child" 'What? I can hear her' the woman leaves. "That woman. I just heard her thoughts" [Onkikiri]"Indeed, you did" [Kotetsu]"What you heard was the prayer inside the heart of the worship!" [Onkikiri]"A portion of the land god's duties is to sit in the shrine and hear the wishes from those of the land!" [Kotetsu]"Come, come, Lady Nanami! We must move on to your next duty!" he exclaimed as books piled higher than her. [Onkikiri]"We need you to look through all of these!"

"What are they?" "A record of our worshipers' prayers from the last 20 years, my lady!"Kotetsu explained. "TWENTY YEARS?!"

"Master Tomoe and M/n have been taking turns writing them down" Onkikiri stated. "The intent was to have Lord Mikage look at them upon his return"Kotetsu told her. "With his absence, we have sadly seen quite a decline in visitors to the shrine" "But, thanks to Master Tomoe and M/n  somehow managing to keep the shrine in decent condition--"he started. "--as you saw earlier--" "--we still manage to have occasional visitors, which is nice" he finished. They bowed "We realize we have asked you to do a lot of work today" "Normally Master Tomoe and M/n take care of the shrine all on their own" he explained.  'No wonder. They write neatly. The accounts are so detailed'  [Two claps at the shrine]"Dear God, please." 'Dear God, please, I pray. Let my wish come true' 

Page after page they wrote down every single person's wish and prayer. She then remembered what she had said yesterday. {"I bet a run-down shrine like this doesn't even get money offerings!"} [Both]"Well, Lady Nanami? Do you understand now?" they both exclaimed happily. "Yeah, I got it. [turns to them/smiles]Hes right. There's no way I can be a god" "What?!" She smiles at them. "I'm just a normal girl. It's not like I have any powers or anything" she told them. They instantly fell backward at her response in defeat.

[Next Part - Keep Reading

I hope you enjoyed! Bye mini dumplings!