Prologue

No POV

In the middle of nowhere on the UNSC Renegade, a Stalwart-class Light Frigate, was on its way back to a refueling station after its recent success in hitting a Covenant supply depot.

After a long trip, their slipspace drive malfunctions and is shut down, forcing them to stop before their destination for emergency repairs. During repairs, the Renegade was unfortunately found by a CRS-class Light Cruiser that had responded to the depot's distress signal and followed them.

The enemy exits Slipspace, the Renegade crew rushes to prepare their weapons to defend the ship until the Light MAC is online, but the CRS-Class light Cruiser starts unloading its plasma guns into the unshielded Hull of The Renegade and focuses it...

The enemy exits Slipspace, the Renegade crew rushes to prepare their weapons to defend the ship until the Light MAC is online, but the CRS-Class light Cruiser starts unloading its plasma guns into the unshielded Hull of The Renegade and focuses its Plasma Torpedoes on the only thing that presents a danger to it, The MK-2 Light MAC, and starts to rip it's Hull apart. By the time The Renegade's guns came online, The Bridge was destroyed, and while the MAC came online, it only managed to fire once before the damage to it was too severe.

Lizzy's POV

P.A.: "[All personal, please evacuate to the nearest lifeboat immediately!]"

Lizzy rushed to gather her weapons. She sprinted down the hall to the Armory to find it already open and nearly empty. Upon entering, she spotted another female Spartan already grabbing her ammo. Lizzy recognized her as Samantha, or Sam, as she prefers.

Lizzy: "I can't believe our slipspace had to malfunction at a time like this and now we have to deal with our ship being torn apart."

Sam: *Giggle* "Well, at least I'm not bored anymore."

Lizzy: Well, if we don't hurry up, not being bored any more will be useless."

Lizzy finished grabbing her gear and the two started to head off to the drop pods to escape the burning ship. As they run through the ship, they see many people caught in explosions and many getting sucked into the vacuum of space as breaches start to appear throughout the Hull. As they make it into the drop pod room they find many ODSTs entering drop pods themselves and out the windows they could see many lifeboats leaving the ship, many being shot down after leaving the ship. Lizzy sees a planet and sets the pod's coordinates to it, hoping for safety from The Covenant assault.