Page 1. A New Tale To Tell

Rain was pouring down gently as dark clouds blocked out any light. Umbrellas were being held up by a large group of people wearing black dresses and suits. The tears that fell from their eyes mixed in with the gentle rain as they both crashed to the ground.

Silent sobs were heard as a calm voice was speaking out prayers to the mournful crowd. They listened as the priest was giving his regards to the friends and family members of the deceased. Their picture was framed largely and stood on an easel.

The picture showed that of a young boy. (H/c) hair that was neatly trimmed. His (e/c) eyes shining brightly with a grand smile plastered on his face.

Priest:"The parents of (Y/n) will now say a few words."

A mother and father walked forward and began to talk about the things their son did as he grew up. He was a rambunctious little guy who always got cuts and bruises from climbing trees, playing in the dirt, and things of the sort. As he grew up he grew attached to several forms of entertainment. His main attraction was video games. Ranging from simple puzzle games to hack and slash games that had deep and exhilarating combos.

One of his favorite games happened to be Pokemon. An RPG about catching creatures and trading with friends to fill out the PokeDex. An encyclopedia of monsters found within the game. As he child, he dreamt of becoming a Pokemon Master. He wanted to be the very best like no one ever was.

Elsewhere

Within a forest was a young man training with a very large and rusted sword. He was swinging it and counting each swing.

?:"998... 999... 1,000!"

He stabbed it into the ground before grabbing his canteen. He twisted the lid off and guzzled down a strange green liquid.

?:"GAH! SO GROSS! Time for another round!"

He drank some more before hearing a loud crash deeper within the forest.

?:"What was that?"

He capped his canteen and grabbed the sword before checking out the noise. He walked deeper into the forest before reaching an area with trees completely uprooted. There was also a crater in the center and he carefully approached it. What he saw was a boy about his age with (h/c) hair and (s/c) skin. The boy wore pretty standard clothes for a commoner.

 The boy wore pretty standard clothes for a commoner

?:"Whoa, I better get him back to the church."

He slid down the crater and helped the boy up. He carefully walked back to the church with the unconscious boy in tow. Once he reached the church, some of the younger kids looked at him.

?:"Look at that! Asta brought someone here."

They were all confused as the boy named Asta brought the unconscious boy inside.

Asta POV

When I walked inside, Sister Lily and Father looked at me.