Page 4. Our First Mission

Asta and I ran around the entire hideout doing chores when we here hanging the laundry outside.

"Wait! This is basically what we did at the church!"

Asta:"YOU'RE RIGHT! WHAT DOES A MAGIC KNIGHT EVEN DO?!"

We went to the dining hall to eat with everyone while Asta asked what a Magic Knight does.

"Hey Noelle."

She flinched and looked at me. Her face looked a little red, but I ignored that.

Noelle:"W-what?"

"Can you pass the salt?"

Noelle:"Oh! S-sure."

She handed it to me and I put some on my food before continuing to eat it. Magna made the other members explain to Asta what being a Magic Knight was about. Each one of them gave a different response. Vanessa said it was about meeting some fine gentlemen. Luck said you could beat up a criminal for hours and no one would stop you. Gordon said, by definition, something.

Noelle: What am I still doing here? How did I let them convince me to stay?

She tilted her head to look at me.

"Do you need something?"

She just looked away and I shrugged before finishing my food. Soon, Yami arrived and he and Magna went off on a mission. Asta and I wanted to tag along, but it seemed serious since only the big men were allowed. They also carried serious looks on their faces.

They left and I sighed.

"Man this blows. I want to go out on a real mission."

Later

Asta, Noelle, and I went to the beast room to feed them. As we were down there, Magna and Yami came down there...nude. I wanted to rip my own eyes out after seeing that, but good news was I'd finally be able to go on a mission!

We were tasked with hunting some boars for the chief of Saussy Village.

Noelle:"Should I really be going?"

Magna:"Quit complaining! Royalty or not this is a mission!"

Noelle:"It's not that. It's just that I can't control my magic power..."

"If you go on this mission then you'll be able to get some experience and learn to get a grip on your magic."

Magna:"Haha yeah! (Y/n) knows what's up!"

Noelle simply nodded. Magna then tried to get Finral to transport us there, but he could only go to places he's visited.

Magna:"Alright! Then we'll go by broom!"

Asta:"Magna, sir!"

Magna:"Yeah?"

Asta:"I can't fly a broom!"

Noelle:"Umm..."

Magna:"What is it?"

Noelle:"Neither can I."

Magna:"What the hell?! Let me guess, you too?"

"I can fly perfectly fine on a broom."

Magna:"At least one of you isn't a total waste."

Asta:"Hey!"

Noelle:"Don't you call a royal like me waste!"

Asta:"I don't have any magic at all remember?"

Noelle:"And since I can't control mine, flying a broom is out of the question."

Magna:"Ugh, fine. Then we can ride together. Time to meet my baby!"