CHAPTER IV

If he has to be honest with himself, Renjun has to admit that he wasn't ready to face his friends again after everything that happened in less than a month or weeks, even though he is thrilled about being able to talk to them another time.

He missed Rosè's sweet voice and soft smile (for him, she openly told to everyone in the world that he is one of the cutest people she ever met) or Chanyeol's laugh (his favorite laughs are the ones that he does for his jokes) even Mingho's snarky comebacks to everything he says (and the giggles he does whenever he feels like he won) and Seungmin' smile (his :D' smile is one of the most incredible things he ever saw).

But he doesn't know what he should do or say right now.

Should he greet them and let them talk? But what if there is a weird silence after his greeting? What about a speech about how he is? No, he wants to avoid Chanyeol's expression of 'I told you one-hundred times to not drink that much.

Maybe he should let them speak?

Even though he would be in trouble if they ask him how he is? He can't lie to them (Minghao is always the one to snitch on him whenever he tries to hide something) and even if he successfully lies, then what? What would Rosè or Seungmin tell him if he asks them about the situation he left behind?

It's in times like this that he is really sad and is not able to post something on Instagram, I think it's needless to say that he isn't even ready to open his eyes to face his day.

Well, the only thing that keeps him relatively stable is the fact that he is going to have enough time to give himself all the pep talks he needs to have before meeting his friends, after all, he still has to prepare everything in his newly decorated apartment and whatever he will have to do.

It's only 7 am.

———————————————————

His new bedroom was as normal as an idol's bedroom could be but, since SM roves its money, his room is pretty much normal.

It's small, shaped like a square, and with some yellow details that make it looks cozy and minimalist since it doesn't have a lot of furniture in it (SM doesn't pay his artist enough, he told his interior designer to want a minimalist, cozy and cheap apartment since he's worried to pay a little to much and having to deal with an angry boss).

But he likes it, 'Jerry' did a really good job and he's happy to see his home similar to his dream apartment.

He was admiring the empty wall that 'Jerry' left him (the man was nice to him and told him that he can paint this wall whatever he would like to), thinking about what to draw on it (maybe one of his favorite panoramas in a film, probably Avatar) when his phone rang.

He stopped to do anything and stared at the bed, where his phone was placed, with a dumbfounded expression, letting it ring a few times before remembering that he is supposed to do a video call with his friends and the screen name 'Kim Seungmin' that is appearing is a signal that he has to not only answer but face his friends for the first time after them knowing everything and him dealing with it after a long time.

When Seungmin called him a second time, he moved and picked up the call, sitting in his bed and waving at the camera while the other was holding his phone.

"Hi guys, how are you?"

"Ya, kiddo, you should have answered at the first attempt" Chanyeol whined, Seungmin's lips twitched and Renjun smiled since he knows that the other man would like to comment on Chanyeol's habit of answering two hours later to anyone "Seungmin, I see you, don't you dare roast me, young man, the same goes for all of you"

They all laughed, the tension in the air slowly fading away with Minghao and Rosè teasings and Chanyeol's remarks of how he is going to close the call (not to brag about it, but Renjun made the man warn him to close the call for 10 times in one hour and they were only at 2 in those 32 minutes of chitchat).

"Renjun" Seungmin called him, his puppy-like eyes shining in interest "Are you going to upload something to your Instagram account, or are you going to open your Youtube Channel?"

"I didn't think about it since I would like to open my Youtube Channel but I think it would be the best to only post the covers and everything in my Instagram account"

"I think it would be a great idea, so your fans wouldn't have to worry about you being inactive on Instagram and Youtube" He huffed at Minghao's sentence but he was right.

"Well, I'm not the worst one"

"Why are you all guys looking at me?" Chanyeol pouted and they all started to be soft for him (yes, Chanyeol has this effect on them and they love it) "Minghao and Renjun are the worst!"

"Hey!" Minghao exclaimed, a frown on his face "It's not my fault"

"Yeah, you're not the one that can post everything they want to whenever they want to" Rosè started, a mocking tone could be heard in her voice "And you aren't the one of this group that posts something when they found memes that his fans do since his group isn't posting a lot. No, you aren't like this"

"Hahaha" Seungmin's laugh brings everyone back to focus "Renjun, when are you going to post or do something?"

Never "My company told me to move and post something before the end of the week"

The others stayed quiet, not saying anything to the other (probably because they know that this point was going and needed to be discussed) and looking at him with pity ('no, don't look at me like this, I beg you, don't give me the same looks the others gave me')

"And, Uhm, what are you going to do if they-"

He closed the call.