Part-5- THE CONFIRMATION

The meeting with the nurse shook Dev.

It was confirmed now that Suhana was not his and Sonakshi's biological daughter. He went back to the time when he saw sona in suhana. How she was always so resembling to both him and sona, was all that wrong??.

 And how did Sona not know about it? Did he miss 10 years of his first born son's life.?  His mind was flooded with questions everywhere.

He just couldn't come to terms with Soha not being his daughter. He felt guilty once again for not being there with sona back then. But alas the past cannot be changed.  

Whom did he and sona ever wrong to be confronted upon such a day. A news which was neither good nor bad.  Dark clouds of grief and sorrow dawned upon him. 

The Nurse confessed her pathetic crime after some questioning. She further told that yes indeed there was truth in that stranger's words. 

On that evening  both Meenal and Sona were brought to the hospital. Meenal was a very weak women and was in labour for a very long time. On the other hand Sona too was brought shortly after and her case too had some complications. After the operation was done, both the new mothers  were to be shifted in their respective wards soon after. But for that time the baby had to be taken for cleaning and kept in the incubator facility. Rohit was very anxious and went around asking the gender of his baby. When she informed rohit that he had become a father to a baby girl with much struggle, his face was horror struck.  

He confirmed it again and again to an annoying level. When she started going back irked by his behaviour he asked her to swap the baby.

She was hell shocked on what she was listening, when rohit again repeated his words. He asked her what was the gender of the baby born to the lady who was brought in after Meenal, she hesitated and couldn't give him an answer when he asked another nurse coming from the same ward she immediately enquired why he asked her so, to which she herself said that he was just asking out of curiosity as his baby was also born in the same OT so just out of anxiety and excitement he did so. Then the other nurse went away when she informed rohit that Ms. Bose had given birth to a son. 

 He asked her to swap the babies as the boses are still uninformed, she refused from doing so as in her 17 years of nursing career she had not done any wrong on her duty.  Though she was completely against doing so Rohit made an offer to her that if she does this for him he would bribe her with a lot of money and at that time she was soon about to be homeless if she didn't pay her landlord. So she agreed but asked him how would he get this money, he told her that wasn't her concern and anyhow ho would arrange the money whatever she would demand. He told her that he and meenal fell in love in college, meenal's father was very conservative and refused alliance with the vermas. Her father was going to arrange meenal's marriage somewhere else but by then she was already pregnant. As then no other option was possible they both decided to elope and get married. As both rohit and meenal were not properly qualified he had to do many meagre jobs to make ends meet. Meenal's father was extremely angered by his daughters step and had threatened the vermas as well to destroy them if they supported them. He had always wanted a son but had Daughters instead.

Meenal thought that if her firstborn is a son her father would accept them and then all this misery would be over as they had to hide from the police and her father's sources. Now they were literally under Mr. Arora's (Meenal's father's) mercy, At any cost they had to have a son. 

The nurse demanded 25 lakhs to do such a heinous deed as this much amount would be enough to free her from her debt trap. 

Rohit then asked her to swap the kids he gave her an advance of 5 lakhs by taking money from a local money lender. 

While the Boses were standing outside the OT with bated breath for any piece of information about their daughter and Grandchild. She soon informed them that Sonakshi had given birth to a daughter and both the mother and the baby were healthy. The boses were overjoyed at this piece of information not knowing the truth behind all this. The doctor sona had been consulting had recently left her job at the hospital. So there was no chance of the boses getting to know the truth unless she or rohit confessed it. 

Rohit arranged the rest of the money by requesting his father and sold the rest of the property by citing that their grandchild had some health issues as they too were not very willing to help meenal as she was the reason their son went away and they had to endure such humiliation in the society and Mr.Arora's threats.

Rohit also enquired about sona and her family then she told him that she herself was a doctor a nutrionist and was now a single mother as she was previously married to a delhi based Businessman Mr. Devrath Dixit. Rohit seemed terrified to know that once she had been the wife of a powerful man like him but seemed satisfied to know that the reason of his problems his daughter too won't have a very comfortable life as her birth created so many miseries in his life. 

For dev this was all just too much information in a day, But now he had to do the most difficult task of telling Sona how Soha wasn't their biological daughter. He wondered how one tells a mother their child isn't theirs. Grief dawned upon him as he took the nurse's written confession the nurse too didn't cause any trouble but gave her statement as the wrong she did so many years ago disturbed her to the core and now she too wanted to get rid of the guilt of this massive wrongdoing.

With his thoughts muddled between the nurse's statement, Ayush's innocent face, and moments spent with soha and how much Sona has had to endure Dev boarded his flight back to delhi.

Pls give your feedback below.