3 - Marinette Dupain-Cheng

'Phew! What a day at the store! I'm glad that I'm free now!' Marniette was tired, she headed upstairs to her room and was welcomed by the fresh scent of her room. 

Marinette is the daughter of bakers, which meant that she could eat delicious food everyday. It was a blessing. Marinette looked around her room. She had a bunk-bed -liked bed, below was a long table. In front of her, she could see a wall of her idol, Adrien Agreste. She admired him but not like all the other obsessed-crazy people who fawn over him over and over again. Marinette wasn't like that. She only idolized him because of his personality. Despite his famous image, he was a really nice man who gets shy easily. She smiled at the thought of that.

It was a good day to go to the park. The weather was nice and breezy, Marinette quite enjoyed it. Marinette strolled to the park. 

She was originally not from here, she was sort of a Chinese, she just moved here a few years ago. She enrolled into a prestigious school a few years back but made not many friends. A new year of school starts next month, and she was not prepared at all, nervous about what will happen happens this year, the classes are different.

She wasn't focused, soon enough, she had slipped and fallen... Over a stick! Wow. 

Marinette picked up the stick. It was a stick, but also not a stick? She took a closer look and found a mark — D. M. . 

She wondered who that would be. Just for safe keeping, she kept it with her. All of a sudden, there was thunder, she quickly sprinted back home to avoid getting wet and sick, especially since school starts around the corner.

**********

Marinette is in her room. It had been raining for around an hour now. The splashing of water puddles and the water droplets falling onto the window started fusing, creating beats of music. 

She has been making a dress for no particular reason, just because she was bored. She was focused, too focused that she had forgotten about the stick she had received earlier. From the corner of her eye she saw a small glow but she ignored it.

As time went by, the light grew bigger, brighter. 

Marinette panicked and was appalled by that. She tuned to see that it came from the stick she found just earlier. Marinette couldn't believe her eyes. 

'This wand must contain something, but what? Why is it glowing?' Then the glowing abruptly disappeared, leaving Marinatte stunned and confused. What in the world just happened? 

She was confused and intrigued by the object. 'Whoever D. M. Is, he must be someone special' Marinette took the object and stuffed it into her bag. She would bring it to school and maybe someone would know what it was.

**********

School starts today. Her first class of the year. 

She was exited yet nervous, afraid of what could happen during her time in school. She waved goodbye to her parents like a filial child and left. 

She thought it was convenient, that her house's first level was a bakery store, and the second and third was her house. 

Additionally, her school was near and she wouldn't be late. Marinette is usually late for classes, but so certain today was the first day, she wanted to make a good first impression. Like earlier, her mother had gotten up early just to make macaroons so she could share with her new classmates. She loved her mother.

Marinette was waiting to cross the road. It just became the red light when she came, she couldn't cross. 

But then she noticed an old man in the middle of the road. He didn't have time to cross the road completely! She dropped the macaroons as she saw a car diving towards the old man. He was going to die! 

She quickly held the old man and brought him across the street. Just nice! What a save! The car was half way to knocking the old man over! 

Then it was green light. The car driver apologized and he reversed his car for pedestrians to cross the road. Marinette waved, accepting his apology for the old man when the old man nodded. 

She checked whether the man was fine or not and realised that she had dropped her macaroons! Luckily only some fell out, others were still edible. She picked them up as the only man said sorry when he had troubled her, causing her to drop her food. 

She smiled and told him it was okay. She passed him a macaroon. He refused but accepted it after countless persuasion. Marinette checked her watch. She was going to be late! She said her goodbyes and asked him to stay safe before rushing to her class. 

Behind her, the old man bowed and nodded. He was testing her.

**********

No! She barged into her class. Phew just in luck, she was almost late. She bowed to her teacher and offered her some macaroons, as well to her classmates. She hoped that being late wouldn't destroy her first impression, so she tried to cover it up with some desserts. 'Hopefully they are satisfied.' 

Following behind her, another male entered. Oh gosh. It was Adrien Agreste! The students in the classroom chatted in excitement. It was unbelievable! Adrien is in our class! 

Our teacher tried to calm us down as some of us shrieked.

Adrien obviously looked uncomfortable, he sat beside a guy and supported his head with his hands that were on the table. 

He looked... Tired? Marinette sat beside a girl named Alya and they got along really well. 'I guess this year won't be so bad after all.'