7 - Who? [Marinette]

It has been about two hours since Adrien fainted. What a shame Marinette wasn't able to say a word to him at all thus far. With Alya beside her, they are now on their was to the cafeteria for recess.

"So, are you one of Adrien's fangirls? Your face fell and paled very much like Chloe's."

"Well, it's true I am a fan of him, but not like those- I just admire Adrien, that's all. And, who would be worried if their classmate suddenly became unconscious? On the first day of school at that." Alya hummed in agreement as they both grabbed a tray each, filling their plates with some side dishes and some bits of rice.

Alya picked up her spoon and started consuming her food. "He really frightened the class there. Why do you think he fainted?" Marinette clicked her tongue. "Hey, haven't you read the social media posts? Adrien was knocked over by a fan and hit his head. Most likely lost his memories from the impact."

"Oh... so he wasn't familiar with the people and became nervous?" Alya smirked. "How'd you know how much the impact was?"

"Right. The back of his head, near the back of his earlobe, there was a bruise. Concussion. Common symptoms after a concussive traumatic brain injury are headache, loss of memory, or amnesia. Although Adrien may have been in public for god-knows-how-long, Adrien still lost his memories. His muscle memory may remember but his brain's working ways may change. Sudden unfamiliar surrounding changes may cause one to panic or be nervous." Alya's eyes widened at the knowledge.

"You'd really make a detective someday, girl." Marinette flushed with embarrassment.

They gobbled down their food and made way back to their classroom.

"Alya, I want to go and check on Chloe a bit; she's been gone for a while now. And she is Adrien's childhood buddy, I think she's really worried."

"You're nice, Marinette. When I was sick, no one ever came to ask or visit." Alya pouted. Marinette smiled softy. "I would visit you when you're sick, but I'd much prefer if you don't get sick at all, Alya," And with that, Marinette gave a pat on Alya's shoulder and left. "Come back soon!" She heard Alya shout. Marinette raised her hand. An 'O-K' gesture was given to Alya.

**********

The sickbay was not far from the class. In less than a minute, Marinette had already reached the sickbay. She wanted to be polite, even when the door was wide open for anyone to enter, and reached out her hand to knock. But just before her hand and the door made contact, she heard some voices. Marinette didn't know why but she quickly shuffled and hid behind a wall. She was acting suspicious.

And she then overhead the conversation between a female and a male; presumably Chloe and Adrien.

"Malroi," A feminine voice said. Chloe, Marinette confirmed. She then heard shuffling of the bed and thump. Marinette peeked. Oh gosh. Adrien had cornered Chloe, a hand beside Chloe's temple, the other clenched tightly around his side.

"Who are you? How do you know?" Know what? And who was Mal- something? Marinette moved to get a better view of the commotion. Marinette's mouth made an 'O'. That wasn't Adrien! A sudden glow blinded Marinette. Before she was blinded for a few seconds, she saw that 'Adrien' was unaffected by the blinding white light. Or he didn't experience it at all?

"...Lovegood?"

Marinette blinked, ushering the dancing white lines to get away. Marinette rubbed harshly at her eyes and lifted her head again. Now, two things shocked her. One: Adrien was someone else. Two: even Chloe was someone else! What was going on?

"Oh! Draco! Hi!" Who is Draco- oh, the stranger? "Where are we?" Wait, are they different people? No, where did Chloe go? Marinette was so confused. Where was Adrien and Chloe? And who are Love...good? And Draco?

"What..." The boy stumbled back. "No... How?"

Yeah, how? How is it that Chloe might have transformed into this Lovegood person? And why was her name Love-good?

"Luna..." Draco (?) whispered. "Were you with Harry?" The girl, Luna, or Lovegood, Marinette didn't know - maybe Luna was the nickname of Lovegood -, nodded. Now hold your horses, who is Harry now?

"Mhm! Me and Hermione went to visit Hagrid! But I accidentally mistook the Hippogriff's food as my food, somehow. I thought I died! You saved me, Draco! And where were you this past month? Did you go back home? Or hiding somewhere in Hogwarts like Harry?" Draco looked taken aback. And what were all those unfamiliar words she just said?

"No, Lo- Luna, I didn't save you. You came here, somehow, like me. We're in the Muggle World, Luna. Huh, how is that thing alive anyway?" Draco said quietly. Huh, now Marinette was wondering if they were from here or not. Were they from some other world? If not why 'muggle world '?

The Luna girl looked excited at the words 'Muggle World' but looked to Marinette's way. She pointed to the wall Marinette was hiding behind. Marinette ducked. "Come out, Blueberry," Draco called.

"Blueberry? How dare- no, you knew I was here all along? Who are you two? Where is Adrien and Chloe?" Marinette hardly was angry, but now, she just needed her classmates to be safe.

"Tsk. There's no point in explaining. Now, only you can see us like this, I'm not sure why. Before, that Chloe girl could, before Luna came. Others can't. Miss Bustier couldn't, Bla- Nino and Po- Pippy couldn't either. I'm not sure why we're here, or how you can see us, but we do not speak of this. At least no right now, Blueberry. Dare tell a soul and I'll have you in Azkaban!" Draco sneered.

"What's 'Azkaban'? And 'Muggle World'?" Marinette asked emotionlessly. Then she noticed a stick like thing that looked similar, but of different 'design' on the girl's hand. At the ending sides, it put 'L.L.'. Oh, her name was Luna Lovegood or the other was around. Huh.

"Just! Don't ask so much. After school."

"Draco, don't be so mean! What would Pansy say to this absurd behaviour?"

"Now you just sound like my father. For now," Draco patted Luna's had. "Don't get in trouble. Act a bit c*cky, like... Potter, perhaps."

Luna giggled. "You're more of a prat, git!" Marinette stood at the side, astonished at the conversation. She understood nothing for all she cared. "Ahem."

"I hear Professor McGonagall in you, Blueberry," Luna huffed. Luna was beautiful. Her blonde hair was let down, wavy. It fit her. Even those heart-shaped glasses looked good on her, but definitely not on Marinette. She wore a white shirt beneath the black jumper, as well as a blue tie. Looked like a uniform to Marinette. On her hand held her stick thing and... a same blue clothing. Noticing Marinette's stare, Luna handed Marinette the clothing. "That's a robe. It's sort of like our uniform." Marinette examined the robe in awe.

"Can't we obliviate her?"

"She can still see us, Draco."

"More arrogant."

"Hm... Don't touch my things!" Luna snatched back her robes, stunning a Marinette. Marinette laughed. "Quite alike..."

"Luna. Luna Lovegood."

"Yes, Luna."

"Is this a thing with muggles? Calling others by their first names?" Marinette tilted her head. 'Who calls others by their middle or last names?'

"One of my unanswered questions as well, my lady," Draco chuckled. Luna only smiled and said something about wanting to ask someone named 'Hermione' later when they got back.

"Let's go back to class. We were gone for a long time." The trio walked to class in silence, until Marinette asked, "Why did you faint, Adr- Draco?" Draco halted in his tracks. Was Marinette also not to speak of it?