#7.1 "Confession"

.

. .

. . .

. . 

I heard laughs downstairs. I do not why, but I was a little shy, my hair was still damp but I decided not to dry it or it would be a mess.

I saw the hamster sitting on a big cozy couch in the little reception area. She seemed excited chatting with someone. I peeked out and there was a girl about our age, with pale skin and long black hair, both of them were speaking in Japanese.

Since when was Byul so good at Japanese?

The girl corrected her on some words, since she also spoke Korean.

I approached timidly, Iike whenever I meet strangers.

"Annyeonaseyo," I bowed.

"Yong!"

Byul smiled at me with freshness sometimes I envy. Her clean and shiny face also her long hair gave off a scent hard to ignore.

"Unnie, this is Yoko, my childhood best friend and the daughter of the owners."

The girl looked at me then chukled.

So, Moonbyul has been gossiping about me? I thought.

By the way, wasn't Minji her best childhood friend? Defenitly I don't know so much about Byul Yi.

"Nice to meet you, Kim YongSun ibnida" I introduced myself.

"Solar ssi! nice to meet you in person! MoonByul said she would bring you when you came to Japan" this Yoko spoke excitedly. "She kept talking about you on the phone."

"Oh, Gamsahabnida."

I glanced at Byul, she had a silly smile, it seems that she talked a lot about me without my permission.

"I hope Byulie said good things about me."

She laughed again.

"I'm a Mamamoo fan, actually, Solar ssi is my favorite member."

"Jinjja?" I was surprised.

"Nae! Can I ask for a selka to show off to my classmates, they won't believe me."

"Yah! You said I was your favorite!" Moonbyul protested.

Yoko stuck her tongue out at her and pulled my arm. She apparently is a fangirl.

I was ashamed. I wasn't prepared to meet any fans.

MoonByul noticed her and stole the Yoko's phone.

"Yoko ssi, that will be tomorrow, we are very hungry, let's go with the aunt!"

She took my hand and dragged me. I apologized with a bow.

"Don't be selfish Byul-ddong-Byul!" Yoko followed us angry, she knew the nickname Byul had in elementary school, then they are close.

We had dinner with the peculiar Korean-Japanese family, everyone seemed very happy, even Byul made a video call with her mom and I found out some embarrassing things about her I would use later against her.

It was nice to meet warm people in Japan, feeling at home, they were from Korea, but Yoko was born in Japan, Byul was only a few months older than her.

Yoko spoke perfect Japanese, that was the reason Byul spoke so well at the concert, Yoko told me they were practicing.

I could hear stories about Byul's childhood, just as I supposed, she had always been so clumsy and gruff.

Also about her accident, when Byul was a kid she was run over and miraculously survived, I didn't know it had been so serious, she had not given so many details, it seems it was a difficult time for the Moon family.

On the other hand, I felt a little guilty, Yonghee and I were pampered kids, but Byul even took care of her two younger sisters as a little adult, now I understand why she is so clingy, it is her chance to be the dongsaeng with me.

"Yeba...Yeba! the earth calling Kim YongSun."

I was lost on my thoughts in front of my room.

"Don't tell me you still feel uncomfortable unnie."

She stood next to me and waved her hand in front of my face, I don't know why, but I hugged her.

"Yong..."

I turned away while she was looking at me confussed.

"Unnie, are you crying?!"

"Anio"

"Of course yes!"

"Ani ani!"

"Kim YongSun! You never do these things! isanghae, remember?"

I tasted a salty drop on my lips, I dried quickly.

"Something got into my eye," I lied.

It was embarrassing. I don't cry easily, but tonight I was a little emotional.

"Did you come close to dying?" I asked.

"Oh, that..." she looks thoughtfully. "I'm not sure, I just remember the sound of my mom crying on the side of my bed. I felt pain in my body, they told me I was asleep for days..."

She means in coma...

"lt was some kind of miracle, I think." she smiled.

It made a lump in my throat.

"Maybe, Mamamoo would have succeeded with only three members..." she said randomly, "...it's not a very common number of members, but then unnie would have fulfilled her dream of being MC Dduk."

Babo.

I hit her on the shoulder.

She put her thumb on my cheek and collected one of my tears, they were coming out without my permission.

"Salty." she tasted it and smiled.

"Isanghae" I pouted then pushed her by her shoulder and wiped my face.

She walked up to her room.

"Yah!" I took a deep breath. "I doubt I would have stayed in Mamamoo or any other group if you didn't exist."

I took all my courage, she deserved to know.

Her eyes widened open in surprise, but before she said anything, I ran away quickly.

I was very sleepy, but I couldn't sleep, my heart was strangely excited.

I heard a notification next to my pillow, it was a ktalk:

"YongSun-ah, thanks for not becoming a stewardess, Chal Chayo my Ddun."
From: Copycat Byouri.

So cheesy! But, why I'm smiling like a babo?

For now, I'll just leave a mental note to reprimand her for being informal with me, although she doesn't care.

🌛☀️