Chapter 17 : This Isn't Working

**Lizzy's POV**

It's been a few days since I've seen Harry but all the boys, including him, are coming over today and to be completely honest, I'm really nervous. Ever since Harry and I had sex, I don't know how to act with him around Liam. I feel like if I I'm too comfortable around him it will be obvious that we like eachother. I guess I'd rather have Liam think that we are fighting rather than fucking. I invited Gianna over as well to fill her in on my behavior and to make sure I keep it together around the boys.

Gianna arrive earlier than the others and I immediately pull her upstairs and into my room. "You're going to want to sit down for this."

She gives me a confused look but sits down on the bed silently waiting for my confession. "I had sex with Harry." 

Gianna's eyes go wide and her mouth falls open. "We are together but, we are not telling anyone. We can't risk Liam finding out."

"I won't tell but, how are you two going to even be able to go out together if it's a secret?" Dammit. I never thought about that.

"I really don't know. We'll figure it out. But for now, I dont know how to act with him when we are around the others. Help!"

"Okay, okay. Calm down! Just treat him like you did before you two got together. And try not to look at him for too long. You do that a lot."

I open my mouth to tell her that I do not but I am interrupted by the doorbell ringing and familiar voices filling the house. My heart races as I pick out Harry's voice from all the rest. Gianna and I make our way down the stairs and my eyes scan the room for the curly haired boy.

When his green eyes meet mine, a huge smile appears on my face and he sends a wink my way making my breath hitch in my throat. Gianna whispers in my ear, "Keep that up and Liam will know within ten minutes." 

She pushes past me and continues down the stairs. I quickly catch up with her and follow her into the living room. She takes a seat on the couch next to Niall and kisses him. Jealousy fills me as I wish I could go over and sit on Harry's lap and cuddle into his chest but, I know I can't. 

Apparently I had been standing there for a while because Liam came up behind me and pinched my side. "Are you just going to stare all night?" He walks over and takes the free spot next to Louis on the couch leaving the only place empty is the cushion next to Harry. I can't sit there. That is a recipe for disaster.

"Liam, I was going to sit there. Move." Liam looks up and glares at me.

"Too bad. There's a spot next to Harry. Sit over there." I groan and go take the seat next to Harry. I try not to get too close to him but there is hardly any room. Keeping this a secret is going to be a lot harder than I thought.

While we are all watching the game, I notice Harry trying to put his hand on my leg or hold my hand. I keep trying to push him away but he clearly does not get the hint when two minutes later he is back at it. I lean closer to him and whisper in his ear, "Harry stop. Someone is going to see."

Harry chuckles slightly and goes to lace his fingers in mine but I stand up before he has he chance to close his grip. "I said enough!" Frustration takes over and I walk out of the house and sit on the front steps. Tears form in my eyes as I realize that this isn't going to work.

**Liam's POV**

I look at Harry confused. "What was that all about?"

"How should I know? She's the one being an uptight bitch."

"If you're going to talk about my sister like that, you can leave." I roll my eyes at Harry and walk out the front door. Lizzy turns her head and looks at me and I see the tears falling down her cheeks. I sit on the step beside her and put my arm around her shoulders.

"Do you want to talk about it?" She doesn't say anything. She just shakes her head and wipes the tears from her face.

"You should go back inside. I'm fine out here." I can tell by the small cracks in her voice that she wasn't fine but I also knew that she wants to be alone.

"I'm here when you need me." I press a small kiss to her head and go back inside. I see Harry sitting on the couch playing on his phone. "What are you still doing here? I thought I told you to leave."

"Will you just shut up?" Harry rolls his eyes at me and that's when I lost it. I walk over to him and grab him by the collar of his shirt and pull him up so our faces are almost touching.

"You don't get to come here and be a dick to my sister and to me! I don't give a shit if you're my bandmate! You need to leave now before I hurt you."

Harry pushes my shoulders back causing me to let go of the grip around his shirt. He turns around as he opens the door to leave. "Fuck you and your sister."

Lizzy stood behind him shocked and hurt by what Harry had said. She pushes past him and runs up to her room. "Don't ever come back here." I slam the door in his face in rage.

Louis spoke up and broke the awkward silence. "We should go. Thanks for having us over." The boys follow Louis out of the door and head back to their homes to escape the situation. Gianna sat on the couch awkwardly staring at the floor.

"Is there anything going on with Lizzy that I don't know about?" She shakes her head no and gets up.

"I should go." I don't believe her at all but I know it's not the right time to push it. I nod and open the door for her. "Drive safe."

**Gianna's POV**

When I get home my parents are fighting about money. I try to walk upstairs without them seeing me but my mum notices and calls me over.

"Where have you been all day?" Here we go again.

"I told both you and Dad that I was going to be at Lizzy's all day. It's not my fault that you don't ever listen." I immediately regret my choice of words as she raises her hand and slaps me across the face.

"What makes you think you can speak to me that way? You live in my house, you follow my rules! You are over two hours passed your curfew!"

"I'm eighteen years old! I don't think I should have a nine o'clock curfew! You're just being ridiculous!" My mum's next line was interrupted by the doorbell ringing. I groan and walk over and answer it.

"Louis? What are you doing here?"

"I came to talk about what happened today. Is everything okay? I heard yelling." If he thinks I'm just going to cry into his arms and let it all out, he is so wrong.

"It's just not a good time."

"Come take a walk with me. You look like you could use some fresh air. Or someone to just listen to what you have to say." 

Could have been any more accurate? I sigh and grab my coat and leave without saying a word to my mum. We start walking down the street and arrive at a nearby park. Louis sits down on a bench and pats the spot next to him. I happily sit down and break the awkward silence.

"Can we just talk about Lizzy? What's going on at home is a lot more complicated than it seems. I'd rather not discuss it right now."

"Of course." He gives me a sweet smiles but it fades as he begins to think. "So, about Lizzy. There's more than just that one blow-up between her and Harry. Isn't there?"

I know I shouldn't tell him but, I don't know what else to tell him. I'm really a horrible liar. I shake my head and take a deeo breath. "They confessed to eachother that they have feelings for one another the other night and they had sex. Lizzy said that they are in a relationship but they have to keep it a secret because she's afraid of what Liam will do. You can't tell any of the boys! Especially Liam! Lizzy will know it was me and she will hate me. Liam already hates Harry and this will just make it worse."

"My lips are sealed. I promise."

I can't help but regret telling Louis. He's never done anything to make me not trust him but you just never know.