𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸 | 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍

You were giddly laughing as you slid across the ice with grace that would put even the finest figure skaters to shame.

Your blonde hair shone in the light. Yes, despite the rain, it was still a sunny day. Various leaps and spins complimented your skating skills wonderfully. It felt natural to you. To be sliding across the ice with such beauty and grace, safely landing each jump.

However, this sunlight wouldn't last for long. It had already been relatively close to sunset by the time that you had begun skating on this now frozen lake, but now the gorgeous amber glow of the sunset shone across the forest whilst the rain continued to pour. 

An ambitious look in your eyes as you looked at the platforms on the mountain tops which you were sure many had gone to before for dates and such, you thrusted your hand towards it. An upwards ice ramp began, going further with each step you took in the right direction. You ran towards the mountains, coming across a nice platform that had a cave right next to it. Laying down on your back, you watched the sun set.

What a wonderous and peaceful sunset. It seemed almost too peaceful. 

You heard a slight ringing in your ears. It was almost like a signal that something was wrong.

And your gut feeling was right.

As the sun lowered, the moon's light gleamed off the ice you had created in order to get up to the mountain. Mirabel, the second most troublesome Madrigal, was the first to notice from her bedroom window in Casita. 

She sprinted away after identifying what, to her, looked like a glass statue, to tell her mother.

Julieta was in the kitchen at the time, however instead she ran into her father in the halls.

"Mirabel? Whats wrong?" Her father asked, seeing the concern on her face.

"I looked out my window and there's this huge glass thing in the forest!" She exclaimed rather quickly.

Dolores poked out of the hallway, nodding in agreement. She had heard it being formed. "Yes, there's something out there. Shall we alert the others?" Dolores piped up in a hushed voice.

Agustin was distraught. He knew that Alma would be skeptical, but with Dolores's confirmation she would have to believe the two. So would he, right?

"Show me- Before we tell your Abuela." Dolores nodded, rushing out the door with her cousin and uncle. She pointed her slim fingers towards the forest, where a large ramp of what looked to be either ice or glass stuck out. 

Agustin's eyes widened. He took off his glasses, cleaned them with his sleeve, and put them back on to make sure he wasn't seeing things. And he wasn't. What he saw was real.

"Dolores, Mirabel, come with me." He said rushedly, hurrying inside. 

Knocking on Alma's door, a grumpy Abuela answered. 

"What on earth do you want?" She grumbled.

"Look outside your window." Dolores said quietly. Nodding, Abuela slowly walked to the window, and her eyes widened at the sight.

"Agustin- Get the others. We're going to investigate that."

----------------------

The Madrigal family--minus Bruno, of course-- headed out to the forest. Antonio had fallen asleep on his jaguar, Parce, who was carrying him throughout the forest with his family. Dolores held a lantern, and Luisa walked behind everyone to keep the group safe from any dangers that may come.

Dolores, who had been at the front with the lantern, spotted the ice first. She held out a hand to stop the Madrigals from slipping. Alma bent down, and grazed her hand across the ice in almost awe.

"Mirabel. Be of some use. Help us locate this ramp." Alma commanded. Mirabel nodded, walking slowly onto the ice. She slipped a bit, but managed to regain her balance, getting the hang of things.

Living in the hot colombian weather, the Madrigals had definitely seen ice before, but they've never skated on it until now.

Mirabel began to grin as she slid around in the darkness, attempting poses and such before stumbling and falling onto the base of the ramp.

"I found it!" She called out.

"Excellent!" The Madrigals walked towards the ramp. Isabela stepped forwards. She rested her hand on the base of the ramp, and it was suddenly covered with various plants to help the family not slip on the ice.

As you stood up, you noticed the greens climbing up to the mountain you stood on.