𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹 | 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗

You knew you couldn't stop whoever it was from coming. There was only one way up and down, and that was the ramp they had created. So you decided to brace yourself. To be prepared for anyone who comes up or down that ramp.

Meanwhile, the Madrigal party were three quarters up the ramp when all of them had to stop for Alma. She claimed that her old legs may not make it to the top, so Luisa volunteered to carry her. Alma gladly accepted the offer, being taken into her granddaughters' arms. 

As the party continued their journey upwards, you had been pacing around the rock you were standing on, frost appearing and disappearing with each and every step you took. They got closer and closer, and your anxiety grew before deciding on your reaction to whoever was climbing the ramp to get to you.

You positioned yourself in a fighting stance, your hands balled up into fists as you faced the ramp. Your face was no longer that of distress or concerned, but rather one that seemed neutral. You squinted a bit to see further into the dark, shadows and trees blending into each other the further you looked. Hearing footsteps, you decided that it was now or never.

Dolores, who had been walking up front with her sister Isabela, had heard your anxious mutterings before they had reached the top. However, she truly was curious as to who was up there in the first place.

She was dreading this confrontation.

Reaching the top, the handle of the lantern swung lightly with the breeze, a soft creak being heard. Luisa could sense something was off. Dolores stepped off the ice and onto the rocky surface of the mountain, the lantern illuminating the sillouette of a woman.

You.

She didn't know what to make of you, your strange blue clothing with seemed to sparkle in the glow of the lantern, or your fighting stance. Dolores was a very peaceful creature, those in the village spoke of her kindly as if she had never even hurt a fly. 

You stepped back, yet showing no signs of surrender.

Luckily for the Madrigals, Luisa could smell a fight a mile away.

Luisa picked up a large rock from next to her, hurling it towards you. Dolores yelled "No!" in protest.

You waved your hand towards the rock, ice coming up in a pillar and then covering it in mid air, making it look like an odd line with a ball on top. Luisa stopped in her tracks, another boulder in her hands. There, in front of her, was magic. Magic outside of her family. Alma had also been in shock. Of course, she had always been at peace with the thought of magic outside of the Madrigals, but seeing it before her felt like a knock to the head.

Now, the reader may be asking, wait, what about the Abuela? Wasn't she in Luisa's arms? Well, author-chan forgot about that, so Alma is safely next to Dolores. Don't you worry.

"Who are you." Your hands returned to fists. Your tone was a bit demanding, and you glared at Luisa. 

"Who are you?" Alma demanded back. "And why have you tried to hurt my family?" Her tone was almost hateful.

"Answer my question and I'll answer yours."

"Fine." Alma shot back. "We are the Madrigals." Everyone stood up straight, as if they had some sort of reputation to keep up. Mirabel, the second youngest seemed fascinated by you. Your outfit, while it was odd, was gorgeous. And your blonde hair matched the ice that she saw flow from your fingertips. Isabela, who had a similar gift, was astonished to find someone like her. Well, someone who's somewhat like her. 

"I am (Y/N). And I did not try to hurt your family, she threw the boulder at me first. I simply stopped it from hitting me." A prideful smile rested on your face.

"Miss (Y/N), if I may ask, how can you... do your magic ice thing?" Mirabel asked, curiosity and false formality in her tone, leaning more towards the former with eyes filled of wonder.

"Well..."