Chapter Nine

Going over to his chest of drawers I pulled out a shirt. Shifting out of my clothes I changed into his top, it smelt just like him and it made me feel safe. Going over to the bed I cuddled myself with the sheets as I waited for him to return.
Rolling over I looked at the clock, I had slept all the way till 9am, thats when I noticed I wasn't alone in the bed. Shifting over to where Darian was sleeping I placed myself against his chest and closed my eyes. I felt his arms wrap around me and pull me into him. "I am not letting you go ever again" A thrill ran through my body as he uttered those words. Turning in his arms I looked into his eyes and I knew I had to say it to his face. "Darian I...I ..um I love you" he just stared at me, why ? Why was he just staring at me ? Oh god, he didn't feel the same way. Tears welled in my eyes and twisting out of his arms I ran out of the room as the tears slipped down my cheeks dropping to the floor. I ran all the way to the other side of the castle before I bumped into a wall. Backing up I noticed it wasn't a wall it was Lucian. I felt an overwhelming feeling of pain and hurt as my legs gave out. Arms wrapped around me as my heart broke. "Whats wrong ? What happened ?" "He..he doesn't love me. God, he doesn't love me. I.. I told him I loved him and he just looked at me" breaking down into another burst of tears, Lucian cursed to himself before picking me up and depositing me onto a bed. Before I could even thank him he had gone, vampires i thought before descending into another depression session.