Chapter Four

'I couldn't possibly decline the invitation of a prince but also you have been so nice to me and I feel like I can trust you' He turned to me, and taking my arm in his insisted I call him Lucian and that if I didn't mind he had something he would like to show me. He took me into the labyrinth in the middle of the garden, it was huge and then he pushed me in front and left me there in the maze. Thats when I heard it the voice carried over the whole maze. 'This is the first challenge for Prince Darian to find his mate, he should be able to smell or possibly link with his mate to know where she is. For the sake of this exercise we ask that you stand still and do not move'.

You have got to be kidding me, not only have I been betrayed by both Lucian and Darian but now they expected me to wait in this stupid labyrinth until he tracked down his mate. I sat down and waited for what seemed like hours and thought back over everything that had happened since I had arrived here. Just then a slight shuffling sound came from my right, gasping I jumped up ready to run if I had to.

Then I saw him start towards me, Darian was walking towards me and all I could think of was how he betrayed me. I turned away as if to pretend I hadn't seen him coming towards me when I felt his arms curl around me as he whispered one word into my ear 'Mine'.

I let him drag me through the remaining maze as if in a daze as he announced he had found his mate and could everybody else please leave. Just then Lucian walked up as well I felt so angry at them both that when I saw Mickey walking up by the side of Lucian I bent down and spoke to him ' Mickey I'm feeling awfully light headed can you walk me back to my room' 'Of course Lilia, you look very pretty with the sunshine on you' ' Thank you Mickey'. With that I stepped away from both of them and walked to my room. Upon arriving back I said goodbye to Mickey, closed the curtains and hid behind one side of the bed so I couldn't be seen where I curled up and fell into a dreamless sleep.