Chapter Two

How could my father do this ? He can't have ever loved me - he sold me to the king of vampires. After earliers demonstration I believe but I'm scared. I want to marry for love and can vampires even love, do they have feelings ? With so many questions I thought I was going to burst so I set about finding someone who could answer my questions.
Thats when I ran into a very strong and very muscular body. I backed away slowly muttering apologies. "Don't worry about it" he said. I looked up to see jet black hair and chocolate eyes staring down at me. It gave me confidence to ask him my questions and he told me we should go somewhere more private.
He led me to a little clearing on the edge of the forest which was out of the view of the castle. You'd think that would scare me more but it didn't I finally had someone to answer my questions and this boy was going to answer them all. But in the end, he conned me into speaking about myself and how I was feeling and why. He asked me why I was so unhappy and I told him all about my family and the fact that my father sold me without ever looking back.
And for some strange reason I even told him about wanting to marry for love and the fact that I wasn't sure vampires could even love. I started to cry silently and he held me against his chest and in that moment I forgot every pain as he told me about the fact that vampires have soul mates which they love and treasure forever. And that royalty hold small balls of suitable candidates to try and find their loves.
I sat up slightly and looked into his eyes and then snap. There in front of us stood a man dressed all in red and black livery who bowed lowly and told me that I was needed back at the castle to get ready for the evening soiree with the prince and the fellow candidates. I turned to the man I had just met and said goodbye and rushed after the servant.
Getting to my room I was breath-taken with the gorgeous red and black theme and exploring I found a wardrobe full of gorgeous gowns and clothes. Turning to the bed there was a small handwritten note telling me that I would be collected in one hour. I went to the wardrobe and pulled out a deep blood red dress with sparkling jewels across the neckline. Also, I put on some crimson strappy heels and a blood red tear pendant. A knock on my door distracted me from picking a bracelet and earrings as I walked over to pick up the parcel. Pushing away the tissue paper I saw a gorgeous black and red crystal bracelet nestled in the box with a small note saying ' Something for good luck x ' After I finished my hair and put on the bracelet there was a knock on my door.