4

Cassandra

I wrapped the towel around my body and walked out of the bathroom. I didn't feel like putting on clothes so I dried off, moisturized, did my hygiene, and put on my black-silk robe.

The session with Mr.Delacruz was still lingering in my mind. All the past thoughts and trauma that I buried deep down were trying to find their way to the surface again and I couldn't take it. I walked downstairs and grabbed the Hennessy bottle that'd been sitting there for some time now. I haven't needed a drink in so long, but all these feelings resurfacing are driving me to it.

I opened the bottle and took a shot from it. That wasn't enough. I hopped on top of the counter and drank straight from the bottle.

I hated feelings just as much as I hated broccoli, and I really hate broccoli. The smell, the appearance, it just wasn't appetizing at all.

Before I knew it, the bottle was halfway empty and the room was spinning. My vision was blurry and my hearing was fucked. I heard the front door open and I stumbled toward it with a kitchen knife in my hand.

"Cassandra, what are you doing?" My sister stood in front of my door with her hands on her hips.

"I forgot you had a k-key to my house." I slurred out dropping the kitchen knife to the floor.

"Are you drunk?" She asked in disbelief. I scuffed and stumbled towards her.

"What! Why would you ask me that? I'm literally so sober right now. You're head is still as big as ever." I felt myself lose balance but she caught me and picked up the knife as well. "I feel like if I was d-drunk! You're head would be smaller."

"You're breath stinks like liquor."

"I love you, Danny." I grabbed the sides of her face and laid a big, fat kiss on her cheek. She wiped it off and walked me toward the kitchen.

"You don't love me?" My eyes got glossy and I snatched away from her. "You don't love me." I stumbled away from her, I just wanted to go to bed. "Cassy." She sighed following me. "You know I- don't do that!" She tried to stop me from walking up the stairs by myself but I didn't care. I snatched away from her and tried to run up the stairs, bad idea. I lost balance and fell back.

"Cassandra!" She yells, catching me in her arms.

"Let me go." I snatched away from her and walked up the stairs, slowly this time. "You don't love me. You might as well leave like daddy did."

"You're being dramatic. You're drunk."

"I'm not being dramatic, I'm being real!" I yelled stumbling towards my room with her following closely behind me.

"I want food. Let's go get food."

...

I held onto the sides of the bathroom toilet before hurling into it once again. It'd only been 3 hours and I was finally asleep, I woke up and ran towards the bathroom.

Danny stayed over, she slept next to my bed to make sure I didn't do anything stupid. She was now holding my hair back into a ponytail as I threw up the liquor and my dinner. "You know I hate it when you drink." She shook her head in disappointment.

"I was doing so good." I stayed in the position I was in just in case my stomach turned against me and I had to throw up again.

"Yea, and you fucked up. What happened?"

"It was that fucking therapy bullshit." I rolled my eyes and hurled, the feeling in my stomach finally went away and the room wasn't spinning now.

"You gotta talk to somebody and I know you won't like it but obviously y'all are getting somewhere if you have to pick up a bottle to forget it. Don't let the devil make you think that you need to forget, no, you need to remember. You need to remember, forgive, and then be better. For everyone around you, but most importantly for yourself." She argued.

"I know things you never want to talk about are going to be brought up, but it's just apart of the healing process. Nobody likes it, trust me I almost fought my therapist for how deep she dug into my business, but the outcome is so much better. You'll fall in love with yourself, with how you see the world, with where you are then, you'll do so much better, I can see it now."

"Danny." I started, "I love you. And I'm so sorry that I'm the worst sister ever, and I'm the only sister you were given. I promise I'll get better." I sighed letting go of the toilet and slouching down to the ground.

"I love you more, Cassy. Don't be sorry, be better. Don't just say that and then walk out of therapy, or get drunk again. Actually try." She brought me into her chest and held onto my head as she hugged me.

"I will."

"Starting with brushing your teeth. Your breath is horrendous." She sighed and stood to her feet, helping me up and pushing me towards the sink. She explained to me, in vivid detail, how bad my breath was and handed me my toothbrush. I began to brush my teeth and she left to give me some privacy.

I have to do this, I have to go to therapy. For me and for my sister.