11

Cassandra

"What do you want for dinner?" I asked my sister as we walked around the grocery store. She'd made me push the buggy, which I didn't have a problem with until we filled it to the brim with food, snacks and items I needed for around the house. "Burgers." She cheesed happily. One thing about me & me sister, we love food and we get excited just hearing about it.

"Gotcha." I pushed the buggy into the cereal isle and looked from left to right trying to find what fit my tastes at the moment. Danny got distracted by the guy walked out of the isle, she called after him and they talked at the beginning of the isle. I spotted the Cinnamon Toast Crunch at the end of the isle, speeding down there to grab it made me realize it was on the top shelf. I wasn't short, I could stand on the second to last shelf and easily grab it. I set the buggy to the side and steadied myself, my right hand just a few shelves below the targeted cereal.

"Let me get that for you, mama." The familiar voice low, like a grown, followed by a chuckle. I turned around and there Roman was, standing there with a bag of chips in his hand. I sharply turned my head with an awkward smile. "Heyyy." I cheesed. He laughed and walked behind me, one hand on my waist gently pulling me down while the other grabbed the cereal and handed it to me. The familiar feeling of his hand in that same placement bring a slight smile to my face. "You got braids? I like it." I quickly snapped out of it and got myself together, taking the cereal from him and thanking him.

I'm surprised he'd noticed I'd changed my hairstyle this morning. I got some goddess braids that reached all the way down to my ass and I was more than in love with them.

"Thank you." I chuckled. "Why out of all names do you call me mama?"

"Because, you got child baring hips." He shrugged placing his other hand on waist, using his advantage to spin me around and pull me towards him. "And when I'm done with you, you're gonna be carrying my child." He smiled cockily. "Or at least wishing you were."

"Yeah okay." I rolled my eyes and pushed at his chest. "You're so full of yourself." Chuckling I wrapped my hands around his neck and pulled him closer to my lips. I could see the surprise written all over his face and it made my stomach do backflips. I grinned and stopped, our lips inches away, and I slowly ran one of my fingers down the cut of his chest. "When I'm done with you... you're going to be thinking about me more than you already have these past 5 years."

He only smirked. "You really don't know who you're dealing with, Cassandra. I'm not some guy you can toss around, use up, and fuck until you're bored of me. It'll happen soon, I can feel it, and when it does they neighbors are gonna know my name." I laughed at the familiar saying. "You're corny." He smiled back at me and it was like the outside world was on pause and it was just us two. "You like it." We were both laughing at his corny ass joke, and he was reading me like an open book. I liked the corny jokes, his cockiness, the way he carried himself, I just liked him.

He was the only person that I've ever been attracted too that I know about, personally. Things weren't just flirting with us, it was personal. We knew each other, and that's what complicated things with us. He's getting closer to me, even if didn't want him too, and he's helping me with my problems. Whether I knew it or not, I was letting him in and that was the one thing I promised myself I wouldn't do with my sexual partners. He was breaking down walls, not the ones I wanted him too, and I didn't see it coming.

He took a look over my shoulder and then smirked back down at me. "Good luck." He bent down to kiss my cheek and then mumbled in my ear. "Enjoy the rest of your day, mama." He released me from his grasp and then turned around, getting lost in the isles that hold food, home appliances and many other things.