7

Cassandra

I walked into the office, on time today, and I stopped at the receptionist's desk to flirt a little. "Hi, babe." I smiled leaning against the desk.

She looked up at me with a stale face and dryly replied, "Hey." I furrowed my eyebrows and frowned. "Bad morning?"

"Yeah. My morning got pretty bad when I found out the bitch I'd been flirting with let's my best friend eat her pussy every now and then." She stood up angrily and slammed her hands on the desk. "So, yeah. I didn't have the best morning." She rolled her eyes and walked off towards the bathroom.

"Wait!" The ends of my dress ruffled up as I paced after her. I held it down and grabbed her wrist with my free hand. "How did you even- how?"

"She called me crying about the same girl she always cries about, she just keeps you a secret. I never knew your name, how you looked, nothing. I finally got her to show me who was slowly taking her soul away from her and guess who popped up?" She snatched away from me and folded her arms.

"Listen-"

"No, you listen." She demanded. "You've been getting something from my BESTfriend for 2 years giving her nothing in return, you belittle her, make her feel used and slutty. You get head from her and then you leave her for dead, then she comes crying to me about how heartbroken you left her. And because she's searching for love in all the wrong places, she keeps taking you back. Two years! Two years you've been gaining and taking away from her! How could you?"

"Okay. In my defense, she's the one who keeps answering the phone."

"Are you serious?" She scuffed.

"I mean, yeah. She hasn't blocked me once in two years, I only keep going back because she allows me to." I had no real feelings for Karina and she knows it, I didn't understand why she was crying over something that had no real meaning. It was sex, head most of the time, but it definitely involved me getting naked. She knew what this was when she signed up, I didn't tell her to catch feelings. This girl knows nothing about me except where the birthmark on my inner thigh is, there's no way she could catch feelings for me. That's impossible and she's overthinking this.

"She loves you!" She blurted out causing me to furrow my eyebrows a little. I hate when people yell at me, especially people who've never done a thing for me in my entire existence. You don't have the right to yell at me.

"She loves the way I make her feel!" I yelled back at her, completely forgetting that we were in the middle of an empty hall and our voices echoed. "She doesn't love me. She's just being dramatic about things like she always is." I snarled at her.

"I've called her all of but six times within TWO YEARS, what does she think this is- what could she POSSIBLY think this is?"

"She's just lovestruck-" I cut her off and sighed.

"There's no way. She doesn't even know my government name, we're practically strangers and I keep it that way for a reason. Her problems are her own to worry about because as you can see I have my own to worry about. Tell her I said to lose my number, I don't fuck with this dramatic ass shit she tryna pull. She knew exactly what it was when she met me." I walked away but stopped in my tracks and slightly turned my head back.

"And don't ever call me a bitch again."

"Or what?" She challenged.