Court Hearing Day 1

It was getting extremely difficult for Monami to pass those two days in the bureau away from her dad and Sid. She would get her phone once or twice in a day after convincing Faizi but she was still sad. She had become good friends with Faizi, Ustaad Ji and Bala too. Bala was a thief who was put in a jail in the bureau but she got to know that he isn't dangerous and that is the reason he is given special training in the training section of the bureau so that he becomes a good citizen after his punishment ends. 

Monami: Bala, mujhe bahut bhookh lagi hai.

Bala: Doctor Madam, aap chinta mat karo, main kuch intezaam karta hoon.

Monami: Thanks Bala. Lekin, woh Khadoos Shergill bahar ka kuch nahi khaane dega!

Bala: Aapko kya khaana hai, Dr. Madam?

Monami: *smiles and replies excitedly* Mujhe na...mujhe, momos khaane hain, teekhi laal chutney ke saath. Please, bahut mann kar raha hai.

Karan was passing by when he heard Monami's wish. He stopped and smiled at her and then walked away after regaining composure.

Bala: Abhi haazir karta hoon aapke saamne, Dr. Madam.

Bala returns after an hour. He had brought with himself two plates of Momos with the same type of chutney that Monami had mentioned.

Monami: *hugging Bala* Thanks Bala. Mera yeh khaane ka bahut mann tha.

Bala: Thank you aapko use bolna chahiye jo ye lekar aaya hai Dr. Madam.

Monami: *Smiles confusedly* Matlab?

Bala: Karan Sir!

The momo she had picked naturally dropped from her hand on the plate after hearing Karan's name. She looked wide eyed at Bala.

Bala: Dr. Madam, Karan Sir itne bhi bure nahi hain jitna kuch log samajhte hain. Actually baat yeh hai, ki bina samjhe hi kuch log unke baare mein ek dhaarna bana lete hain. Woh sach mein aise nahi hain, jaise woh dikhaate hain.

Monami's attention shifted to where Karan was standing. He was doing a training session. She looked at him and couldn't stop looking. She smiled.

Monami: *in mind* But kya? Ek momo le aaya, teekhi laal chutney ke saath toh iska matlab ye nahi ki main uska naam Khadoos se badalkar Cute Shergill kar doongi. *rolls eyes while taking a bite* Lekin, cute toh hai woh, thoda sa toh thoda sa hi sahi.

Many incidents as such had happened in the two days. Karan and Monami were feeling things for each other apart from hatred that neither of them wanted to acknowledge. Sometimes, Karan would leave this cute, lovely signals for Monami to hold onto which would make her smile but other times, he would come back in his 'khadoos' avatar and make Monami wonder if he was a bipolar psycho. She was exhausted of the mixed signals that he was dropping her way.

Karan Shergill, on the other hand was now almost sure of one thing. 'Monami was innocent.' His inner feelings were telling him this. After years of being in this field, he could now make out from the behavior, body language and words of the person if he/she was guilty or not. As much as Karan wanted to prove her guilty because of his hatred towards rich people, he wanted to save this precious girl from the clutches of the court proceedings because somewhere or the other, his stone hearted nature was melting gradually in front of this girl.

As usual it was night time, Monami was sleeping, Karan was standing outside and watching her sleeping form from the window. It had become his habit to do so. He didn't realize when he developed this practice but now he couldn't sleep before he saw Monami was peacefully sleeping in her chamber. It was a Sunday. Tomorrow, it was the first court hearing. The old Karan would have been very excited to present proofs and witnesses against this rich brat in front of the court but now everything had changed. He was not excited anymore, instead he just wanted the night to stop and to never end for he didn't want her to go anywhere.

Roses and Thorns-MoRan FanFicजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें