3 Years Later

3 years later.

Monami: *on call* Haan sab theek hai Dad.

Deepak: Aur breakfast kiya?

Monami: Yes, Dad. Aaj khud banaya tha. *arranging her stuff to go to the hospital*

Deepak: Kyun beta? Lily nahi aayi aaj?

Monami: No. I guess beemar hogi isiliye chhutti le li *smiles*

Deepak: Toh order kar leti na. Tumne kyun mehnat...

Monami: Arey apne liye khaana bana rahi hoon Dad, usmein kya mehnat. It's fine. Chill.

Deepak: Aur Anish kaisa hai?

Monami: Woh bhi theek hai. 

Deepak: Zyada tang nahi karta na?

Monami: No in fact, kaafi madad kar deta hai.

Deepak: Chalo theek hai.

Monami: Ok Dad, ab hospital jaane ka time ho gaya hai, talk to you later. Bye I love you.

Monami ended the call and kept the phone in her handbag. She grabbed her car keys and headed out. She locked her house, got in the lift and came to the basement of the apartment. She unlocked her car and sped off to the hospital.

She drove all the way to her workplace. She looked out of the window, her eyes fixed at the streets of London. She smiled as fresh air hit her face. Life had changed so much for her in these 3 years. She had moved to London 3 months after that court case ended. She hadn't taken the phone numbers of anyone from the bureau and hence had lost contact. 

After coming here, life was not the same. She had opened her own clinic in London and had started practicing here. Deepak couldn't be more proud of his darling daughter. But, still, she always felt like she was missing something. She wanted to work for India just like her mother. But, having settled in the UK, there was no way she could do that. But, she still intended to go back to her home country once her clinic was taken care of.

She sighed as she looked at her watch, being stuck in traffic. Surely, many things had changed in her life. From the place she lived in, to the language she spoke, to the food she ate, everything was different and she had grown habitual to it since the past 3 years. But one thing was still the same. Her phone beeped and she grinned as soon as she saw the name of the person that had messaged her. Stranger Danger. Yeah, this was the person that never forgot to message her even once in these 3 years. They would talk everyday. Only two things had changed. One, now they kind of knew each other to some extent and two, Monami had changed his number from Stranger 'danger' to Mr. Stranger with a heart emoji.

Mr. Stranger 💗: Off to work, aren't u?

Monami: Bingo! But, stuck in traffic right now.

Mr. Stranger 💗: Ow. Traffic ki itni himmat ki hamari Rani Sahiba ko ruka ke rakhe?😜

Monami: Stop it! Kya kar rahe ho?

Mr. Stranger 💗: Main? Jaise tum patients ka ilaaj karti ho har roz, main criminals ka karta hoon. Isiliye ek naye criminal ko dhoondh raha hoon.

Monami: Kya hai ye? Mujhe tumhare baare mein kuch bhi nahi pata. Pichle 3 saalon se tumne kuch bhi nahi bataya apne baare mein, siwaaye iske, ki u r a 'social servant'. Tumhare naam se stranger word kab nikal paaungi main? Not fair😢 

Mr. Stranger 💗: Arey, itni bhi kya jaldi hai? U know wht, Monami? I hv a feeling ki ham jaldi hi milenge. 

Monami: Kuch bhi.

Roses and Thorns-MoRan FanFicजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें