Chapter 9: C. Berman

"In Shadyside, the past is never really the past"

C. Berman was quietly watching the news.

"Ryan Torres kicked off the days of terror with a massacare at the mall. And now an already mourning community is plunged into horror once again" the reporter on the news stated.

"As the Sheriff's Department reports more carnage at East Union Medical."

"Police believe the murders were fueled by amphetamines. Local teenagers Kate Schmidt and Simon Kalivoda are the primary suspects. The scene of the final carnage was at the grocery store" the reporter added.

"Sheriff Nick Goode found the Grab and Bag soaked in blood and broken dreams"

C. Berman tilted her head slightly. She suddenly hears the alarm bell ring.

She leaves the living room to prepare herself food. She ate quietly. The alarm tun rung once again, she then locked her door.

She goes to make sure the rest of her house is locked and safe. Her dog, Major was barking.

"Major, Jesus!"

-----------------------------

C. Berman was now sleeping on her couch until she heard rapid knocking on her door.

A light from a flashlight shone through the windows and door. She hid Major in her closet. "I'm gonna keep us safe okay?"

C. Berman breathed heavily as the window rattled. She immediately took action when she saw the intruder getting inside.

The intruder grunted as they fell to the ground. "Don't fucking move!"

"Wait! Wait!" the person spoke. "Stop! Please! We called you"

"Why the hell would you come here?" C. Berman asked.

-----------------------------

The hood of Deena's car was opened to show a possessed Sam struggling to move.

C. Berman was in between Josh and Deena while Brooke was in the car.

She could hear what C. Berman was saying, she looks through the window to see a dark haired woman. Brooke looked closer, a sense of familiarity enters her mind.

"You don't know what you're doing!"

"Yeah, we don't" Deena stated.

"You are the only person who knows what we're dealing with here" Deena added, making C. Berman look back at Deena.

"I don't want that thing near me. Get that car and it off my property" C. Berman stated.

"Grouch" Brooke mumbled.

"Her name is Sam. You could've watched us dead on the six o'clock news. But you didn't, you called us back" Deena stated.

"I can't help you with this!" the woman sighed. .

"You're our only hope" Deena told the woman.

"The witch—" Deena gets cut off by the woman. "No! I'm sorry" Deena blocked her when she tried to leave.

"My girlfriend is possessed by her and tied up in my trunk. But you.. You saw her and survived. What was different?" Deena asked desperately.

"There might be something that could help us stop her!"

"There's not! You can't stop her" C. Berman stated. "Run. As far as you can, as fast as you can. That is your only chance" the woman started to leave.

"I can't just run. Sam, I can't let her die. I won't!" C. Berman turned around, remembering those words from 16 years ago.