Chapter 30: Attack

"It stops with us"

"Everyone says Shadyside sucks because it's full of shitty people. That bad things happen here because we're bad, that we deserve what we have coming"

Deena started her speech.

"That's how it was for Sarah. And that's how it's been for us, but it's all bullshit. Okay, just because we're weird and smart and different doesn't mean they can feed us to their meat grinder"

Brooke nodded in agreement.

"Not anymore. It's been three centuries. No one else has gotten this far, it stops here. Tonight. It stops with us. We're gonna kill this motherfucker" Deena looked at Brooke who looked happy at that.

"For Sarah"

"Sarah!" Katheryn yelled
"Let me go"

"For Kate and Simon" Deena looked at Brooke and Josh.

"Just wanna let you guys know that I love you"
"We love you too"

"For Cindy and Jackie" Deena looked at Christine.

"I love you, Ziggy"
"You were my monster"

"For all of us. For Shayside! Now let's do this" Deena finished.

-----------------------------

Using Brooke's knife, Deena sliced her hand and squeezed her blood into the bucket.

Now the fun has begun.

They started to put everything into place. Both Deena and Martin spray painted the walls and floor.

Brooke wrote the rhyme on a big piece of paper and stuck it on the door where she was sure Goode will go through.

She also helped with setting up the trap.

Once the trap was set Deena yelled "Okay cut it!"

Christine turned to Martin. "Cut it!"

Martin pulled all the levers down, the mall went dark, the only thing lighting up was the blood mixed with glow in the dark liquid.

Blue lights appeared as Brooke smiled. She heard the bell ring which someone's there.

Everyone ran to hide.

Brooke heard the police yelling.

"Police! Hands up! Hands up!"

"You listen to me, you have no idea what's going on!"

Martin was trying to stop Christine from talking but she ignored him.

"Woah woah woah, hey, we cool" Martin told the officer as he put his hands up.

Another officer finds Deena and Josh. "I've got two more here"

Meanwhile another officer finds Brooke.

"Kid, your father's looking for you. He's worried sick" he told her.

Brooke sighed. "You're in danger if you don't leave"

"Excuse me? You drop that thing right now"

Brooke looks at her knife. She bit her lip nervously as she dropped the knife.

"Now—" the officer gasped as lifted off the ground and choked to death by the one and only Grifter.

Brooke grabbed her knife and ran as the other officers die as well.