HFC | Chapter VII

Chapter VII | Beef on top of Beef

Eggs, chopped peppers, onions and bacon sizzle in the frying pan. Once it cooks enough to flip, Dro does so with the spatula. He had a couple of people to take care of so he decided to cook. Usually he's up and alone, company was rare. His workers knew to meet him at the club, warehouse or family home. He doesn't want anything business related where he lays his head. Dro makes a few plates and wraps one of them up. Those grey eyes land on Phaedra who enters the kitchen with a briefcase in her hand. The two greet one another casually as she heads to the terrace. The sun is beaming and the reflection off the water was breath taking. Not to mention the warm weather topped it off with a comfortable breeze. It's a nice day out to have breakfast. Dro sits his plate and orange juice on the table, having a seat. Cutting into his omelette, he glances up at Phaedra who stares out at the view. It's something she does a lot he noticed but didn't bother to ask why. He too use to stare out at it when he first purchased the home.

"You good over there?" He questions through chews.

"Yea, just thinking." She sighs, and shrugs her shoulders.

"About what?" He curiously questions. Phaedra leans on the glass railing and tilts her head a bit.

"I received some information last night and it has me thinking." She mumbles.

"I'm listening." Dro assures, taking a sip of his orange juice. Phaedra exhales deeply and flips her faux locks over her shoulder.

"While I was in Vegas talking business with Kris, someone was emptying my bank accounts. They even emptied the bank account my father left to me." She stresses.

"So someone stole your identity." Dro summarizes and Phaedra shakes her head.

"It seems that way. Although, Saddiq thinks it's deeper than that. He's doing some more digging." She assures. Dro nods, continuing to eat his food.

"You think if we go back to where it all started, you'll be able to piece everything together?" She shakes her head no and has a seat across from him.

"I doubt they're even there anymore." She responds.

"I wouldn't expect them to be there, but maybe they left some shit behind." Dro shrugs.

"I doubt they left anything." She argues, picking her nails. It's clear she's stressed about the whole situation. Dro understands because he would be too if he was in her situation. He's helping the best way he can and she knows that. She wishes she could help herself at this point. There's so much ground to cover. Dro reaches for his phone and calls someone up, placing the phone on speaker.

"Morning." The woman's cheery voice could be heard.

"Wassup, you on the clock?" Dro questions.

"No, I'm getting ready though. You good?" She questions curious.

"I need you to do something for me." He says. The woman sighs over the phone causing Dro to chuckle.

"What the fuck did you do now Adonis?" She hated when he called with favors. There was barely ever good news when he did.

"Chill on me iight. It's nothing bad. I need you to buy a few plane tickets to Vegas." He says and Phaedra shakes her head no at him. Like always, he pays her no mind.

"Este tipo de aquí, lo juro. (this guy right here, I swear.) You're cheap as fuck, always using my discount and shit." The woman smacks her lips over the phone.

"You get a vacation out of it don't you?" He questions amused.

"I don't give a damn! When do you need these tickets?" She questions.