Chapter 54

"Mama, Shehnaaz di, uh.. Mere baare kuch kehti hai vo?" Adved asked his uncle. 

"Tere baare me? What do you mean Adi?" Sidharth asked back. 

"Umm, Mama she's not talking to me since the entire gambling thing. Matlab aisa nahi hai ke hum daily baat karte the, mai unko kabhi kabhi instagram pe jokes bhejta tha aur vo bhi bhejti thi. It's been a month, she has almost stopped talking with me. Texts ignore kar deti hai. She's mad at me I guess, mere baare me aapse baat bhi nahi karti." The boy revealed what he was upset about. Yes, it was an obvious fact that she didn't want him to create any more ruscus, but that wasn't even his intention. 

"Shayad meri galti hi itni badi thi ke ab vo mere se contacts hi nahi rakhna chahti. Aap dono ki ladayi bhi huyi thi nameri vajah se!" he added. 

"Nahi baccha! It's not like that!" Sidharth immediately pulled his nephew closer. It was one fine evening he was spending with the boy to binge some shows on the weekend but it seemed like the boy was worried about something. 

"Hum kafi aage aa gaye hai uss topic se. We're cool now! All of us!" he said. 

"Maine last message unko kiya tha, puchne ke liye ki unke Papa kaise hai? She hasn't even seen my message!" Adved whined. 

"Ek kaam kar, usse directly puch le!" Sidharth shrugged. 

"Nahi, mai nahi disturb karna chahta unko." Adved replied only to get dragged out of the room by his uncle. 

"Abe chal." Sidharth said, gesturing to Preeti across the living room that they were going out and texted Shehnaaz that he was arriving with Adved to hangout. 

Shehnaaz wasn't very surprised with the information but happy, she wanted to hangout with Adved sometimes and sometimes not. She was keeping the distance and not invading the family's privacy. The doorbell rang and the opened door revealed the two boys. "Hii Adi!" she greeted him. 

"Toh aapko mai yaad hu?" Adved pouted. 

"Ha shayad! Tabhi tera naam liya maine!" she chuckled, even though she got his point. 

 "Aaja baith, kuch banau ya order karoge? maggi banane vali thi mai." she asked them. 

"Bana le." Sidharth replied, moving into his bedroom. 

"Aap naraz ho?" Adved asked, following Shehnaaz into the kitchen. 

"Nahi toh." she replied. 

"You've been ignoring me di, aapko chahiye toh mai nahi text karunga aapko." he mentioned. 

"Adi, baat ye nahi hai. Teri family ko pasand nahi aayegi humari dosti, vo matter kafi serious tha." she replied. 

"Mom ne kuch kaha tha aap se? Ya Mama ne?" he immediately asked. 

"Kisi ne nahi kaha baba! Isn't it obvious Adi ke vo matter teri family ko solve karna chahiye tha! Bolne ki zarurat thodi hai, kisi bhi family ko aisi interference achi nahi lagegi!" she replied. 

"Di! You helped me because I asked you too!" he corrected her. 

"Mama ne kaha aap log uss topic se kafi aage aa gaye ho! Aap unse baat karte ho lekin mere se nahi!" he said, it hurt to lose a really cool and caring friend like her. 

"Meko tujhe aise ignore nahi karna chahiye tha. Mai bas, acha chhod!" she said, realizing that she was really okay with Sidharth after their argument about it but not with Adved, it was unfair. She gathered him in a hug, dissolving the issue henceforth.