Chapter 71

The dinner went really well with their friends and family. Surprisingly, they received a lot of gifts from them and one of the best gifts was a photo frame gifted by Vardhan and Mira. It was a candid picture of Sidharth and Shehnaaz taken from their wedding. She was dressed in her satin silk saree and he was in a pair of peachy Kurta Pajamas. They stood close to each other, looking in a particular direction and smiling while talking about something. His head was slightly tilted towards hers so as to listen to her, but what made the picture more adorable was her left hand looped around his right one. Neetu got them a customized pair of watches for the couple whereas a nameplate that had their name written beautifully in italics was Adved and Preeti's idea. Another creative gift that was the highlight of the evening was gifted by Shehnaaz's side of the family, it was a clay slate for the couple to step on and leave their foot imprints behind and framed.

"Baccho, humesha khush raho. Aaj tum dono ka khas din, yeh jis frame pe tum dono ne apna pav rakha ek sath. Bas aisi, ek sath rehna tum dono har kadam pe. Let there be arguments and disagreements at times. With love comes expectations and when expectations are not fulfilled we tend to fight. Bas itna dhyan rakhna ke koi bhi problem tum dono se badh kar nahi hogi." Parminder ji told them.

"Bilkul theek keh rahi hai aap. Keep expectations limited and learn to compromise. There's nothing wrong in fighting with each other and fighting for each other. Life har baar tumhara favor kare zaruri nahi, lekin iska matlab yeh nahi ke tum har maan jao. Ek dusre ko samjhana aur bharosa rakhna." Rita ji had added to that, lovingly.

"Sab kuch ache se ho gaya na!' Shehnaaz happily mentioned getting on the bed next to Sidharth.

"Ha!" He smiled back at her.

"Thak gayi mai!" She threw her head back in the pillow with that.

"Mai kuch soch raha tha, tujhe lagta hai uncle aunty humare sath comfortable hai, yaha Mumbai me?" He asked.

"Hai! Tabhi toh ruke huye hai, unki flight shayad Sunday ki hai." She replied, adjusting the quilt over them.

"Abey, aise nahi gadhi. Mai bol raha hu ki vo humare sath rehna chahenge? Yadi hum unhe rukne bole?" He asked again.

"Kyu nahi, pakka rukenge! Mumma ko vaise bhi bahot acha lagta hai yaha sabke sath, Papa bhi mana nahi karenge, retirement ho chuki hai unki." She replied, feeling really happy about the thought.

"Are you sure? Tu Papa ko rukne bolega?" She chuckled, challenging him.

"Ha kyu nahi! Itna bada ghar hai, unki beti ka hai. Vo jab tak chahe rahe humare sath, kuch din, mahine, saal!" He shrugged.

"Oh hello? Saal? Itna toh mai bhi nahi reh sakti Papa ke sath. Tu janta hai." She immediately interrupted, sitting up. Her father was one stubborn man and she knew she had inherited that very trait and the consequences of them staying together for a longer period could very easily be arguments.

"Kya har baat pe, tu janta hai na, bolne lagti hai?! Get over it yaar, tere Papa hai. Kyu unse aise alag hone lagi hai tu?" He asked and sat up too. Even though he knew the reason, what mattered more was the reunion in real terms than for formality. The required communication in the father daughter relationship was lagging in order to avoid arguments.

"Samajhte hi nahi hai vo, unhone jaise maan liya hai mai unse alag hu. Apne hi mann ka karti hu, toh yahi sahi!" She replied.

"Toh unko jo samajhna hai vo unpe chhod de, tu apne side se kyu piche hat rahi hai?" He asked.

"Piche nahi hat rahi hu, bas behes nahi karna chahti mai." Her head was hung low, she knew her reason wasn't enough.

"Acha theek hai! Kal baat karenge unse." She agreed, surrendering and accepting that he was right.