TERRIFIED

I fell in love with all of the little things. I fell in love with the way you run through your hair when you're frustrated. I fell in love with that stupid smile that shows up every time you know you're right. I fell in love the way you dance when you're drunk, like you're the only one in the room. I fell in love with the way you tap your foot against the ground when you're trying to focus. I fell in love with the fact that you play the piano and you enjoy making pasta sauce from scratch. I fell in love with all of the little things, piece by piece, until I realized that I was head over heels in love with you.

How I wish you would wait for me every night like I wait for you. I wish things between us weren't so sour. I wish maybe you'd see me for what I really am, how much I love you, care and cherish you. How my eyes light up when I talk about you or how my heart bleeds when you're hurting. I wish we had met sooner, at different phase in life or maybe even later when things weren't so complicated.

But I'll wait for you. It'll rip my heart out of its cage but for you thousand times over. I'll wait somewhere at the horizon for when our love can blossom again, where the scars, stupidity and pain of the past will set us free, just you and me.

***

So do right people with wrong timing ever get a chance?

"I'm in love again, and I'm terrified."