Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Daniel woke from a most uneventful sleep. Albert was no where to be seen. The shower quickly turned on, Daniel went to his computer quickly and went through the browser history, sadly Albert was smart enough do erase whatever he was looking up. With a sigh Daniel turned the computer off and grabbed some fresh clothes. Albert came out with a towel around his waist. Daniel quickly slipped into the bathroom and took off his clothes and showered. He came out and put on some casual clothes. He went out to see Albert putting his shirt on.

“It took you that long to put on some clothes?”

“I was enjoying the clean feeling,” Daniel rolled his eyes. “I haven’t had a warm shower in a while.”

“What is a while?” Daniel asked scared.

“Since two days ago, I couldn’t yesterday,” Albert shrugged and opened the window. “I will see you later.”

“Where are you going?”

“To see Fang, and check out the caves with him,” Albert jumped out the window. “Besides, I would rather like to be left alone and not get interrogated.”

“Same,” Daniel left the room through the window and flew to where all the survivors stayed. He landed and got some gasps from people. He ignored them and walked around to see how Aaron was. A women was sitting watching some kids. “Excuse me, miss, but do you know where I could find Aaron…Mahoney?”

“Why would you like to know?” Her blonde hair moved as she looked up at him.

“I wish to talk to him,” the women looked back down at the kids.

“I know why you want to talk to him,” she sounded disapproving.

“Why then?”

“Something to do with a bite?”

“What do you mean?” Daniel looked down at her.

“Well there are many different kinds of bites, Daniel,” Daniel flinched.

“How do you know my name?”

“Aaron, it wouldn’t be the love bug now?”

“No!” The women smiled. “Why is he…?”

“I wouldn’t know, then one of the bad ones?”

“Friends, would be more like it,” the women nodded.

“He is in the tent in front of you.”

“Thank you,” Daniel walked to the tent in front of him. “Aaron?”

“Daniel?” Aaron poked his head out. “What are you doing here?”

“Hiding, may I enter?” Aaron nodded and pushed aside the entrance flap. “Where’s the kid?”

“Out playing with some other kids, I would offer you something, but I don’t have anything,” which was true, the tent was bare except for two beds and a stole. “I heard that you’re a soldier now.”

“Not for much longer though,” Aaron looked at him.

“What did you do?”

“Leaving with my brother soon,” Aaron smiled and patted him and the shoulder.

“He’s here?"

“You didn’t here the commotion last night?”

“Rumours, apparently there’s a dragon here,” Aaron laughed.

“His name is Fang,” Aaron looked at him seriously. “Would you like to meet him?”

“I’m perfectly-”