Chapter 2 Act II

Present Day
Third Person POV
Empire State Building

"Okay... That's a bit of a mind bender. Let me just try to get it all straight. Peter... I'm sorry, The Goblin created a machine that could pull people to and from the Multiverse, and or could destroy it all together. Then during your fight, you destroyed it and now your universe is experiencing a grand scale incursion. This in turn has caused you to meet another variant of yourself that sounds a lot like Daredevil who's trying to fix everything along side another version of you that can alter the sky at will... Then on top of that, he has somehow managed to get his hands on a radioactive spider, that has now bitten Miles, because he allowed it to. Did I miss anything?"

(F) had himself perched on the Empire State Building, his black suit on, mask in hand, while beside him counting along her fingers was Gwen in her white and black Spider-Suit.

"No, that sounds about right. Though I haven't come across someone who calls themselves Daredevil here."

Gwen gave (F) a slight look of confusion.

"I mean, I'm sure there are a ton of people who call themselves Daredevil, but I have not come across a superhero named Daredevil." (F) explained.

"The (F) from another universe, from the way you described him, he takes on the traits of Daredevil, but he might not call himself that. For example, there's no way that the first name you came up with was Spider-Man."

(F) laughed.

"That's the thing, it wasn't me. Someone caught some footage of me swinging around in a prototype suit and whoever put the video up came up with the name, and it kinda just stuck." Gwen rolled her eyes in response.

"That's generally what happens. I for example am Spider-Woman or Ghost Spider."

"Oh that's cool... though I feel like there's someone that name would fit better. Like a Ghost Rider that's also Spider-Man." (F) rubbed his chin, thinking aloud.

"So what exactly are you doing up here (F)? It's not like you to..." Gwen started, but cut herself off. "Sorry, I'm making assumptions that may not be accurate across universes."

"What do you mean?" Before (F) could receive an answer, his phone started to ring with the song everyone had come to recognize as the Spider-Man theme.

Gwen giggled upon hearing it.

"What? It's catchy." (F) took a look at the screen of his phone, he answered it and put it on speaker. "Something wrong, Captain?"

There was a deafening sound of silence, Gwen moving closer to (F) to see if she could maybe catch anything, until the two of them both recoiled at the sound of a prepubescent child bursting into tears.

"Spider-Man!"

"Junior? How'd you get your mom's phone?"

"You p-promised. You said we could make the suit together!".

(F) looked down at his current attire, seeing his new black suit, and then a look of panic seemed to rush over his face.

"No, no, no, no, no, we will make that suit together. This is something I had to put on while I fix my old suit." That was somewhat true, the usual red and blue suit had taken a beating in the multiverse on top of the fight with the Goblin.

(F) had taken a quick glance in Gwen's direction, seeing that she was trying to hold back her laughter. The dark haired spider rolled his eyes, before his head snapped around. His Spider-Sense was blaring like an air horn.

"Hey buddy, I'm going to need to call you back-"

"Did your Spider-Sense go off?"

"Yeah, sorry pal, I'll swing by tomorrow, and we can talk about making the new suit." (F) hung up, pulling his mask over his head, Spider-Sense still ringing like the horn of a train.