Chapter 11

*Aurelia P.O.V.*

I was hanging out with some of the guys when one of my favorite songs began to play. "I love this song," I said. "Well would you like to go dance," Dimitri asked. "Sure. Let's go," I said dragging them to go dance. I danced around and was having fun when I saw Miguel run in. He looked over to see me dancing and smiled. When the song had finished I wandered around until I ended up outside. "Lia," Miguel called. I waved as I jogged over. "What's up," I asked. "We were about to play a game of truth or dare. Wanna join," he asked. "Sure. Why not," I said sitting with them. "This game is gonna be a little different. The bottle will choose the victim," Tori said spinning the bottle.

It went on for a bit before it landed on me. "Truth or dare," Mitch asked. "Truth," I said. "Okay. What made you choose Hawk and why did you say with him," he asked. "Digging kinda deep aren't you," I said. "You could always do dare," he said wiggling his eyebrows. "I'd rather answer the question," I said. I glanced over at Hawk to see him looking at me hopeful. "I didn't choose Hawk. It kinda just happened and the longer I dated him the more I realized that he was the person I was missing in my life when I moved here," I said stunning everyone. "May I add on a question," Dimitri asked. "Only one question per spin," Tori said. We continued on the game and soon it came back to me. "Truth," I said before they could ask. "Why did you and Hawk break up? It's obvious you still have feelings for each other so that can't be it," Dimitri said. "Difference in beliefs," I stated simply. Before anything else could be said I decided to leave and go home.

The next day we started back at school and Tori came on over the speaker, threatening Sam. "Robby. She's on the other side of the school," I said. He took off running and I went to go with him but was stopped. "I have a bag feeling about this," Dimitri said. "Yeah. Me too," I said. Before I could register what was happening a full on battle ensued, between Cobra Kai and Miyagi-do. I fought of most of the attacks that were thrown at me and when I got to the main foyer I saw Dimitri throw Hawk into the trophy case. I ran to check on Hawk and he slowly sat up. "You okay," I asked. "Yeah, just wounded pride," he said not looking at me. I left to go check on Sam and saw her having a one on one with Tori, while Miguel and Robby had a one on one at the top of the stairs. Suddenly everything happened in slow motion as Miguel got thrown over the rail. "Miguel," I cried out as he fell. I heard his back crack against the rail and he landed on the stairs practically lifeless. "No. Miguel," I cried through tears as I ran over to him. I kneeled by his head, I was focused on Miguel, only Miguel.

Miguel was taken to the hospital and I got to ride with him, meeting his mom and abuela at the hospital. They determined that he was going to be in a coma for a while and I sat with him every day. "I'm sorry Miguel," I whispered to him holding tightly to his hand. They had cancelled school for the rest of the week so I never really left. One day I was silently crying and I heard a shuffle behind me. I turned to see Hawk. "What are you doing here," I asked wiping my tears. "Your mom said you might be here," he said. "So that doesn't explain why you are here," I said standing. "I wanted to check on you. Just because we aren't together anymore doesn't mean I stopped loving you," he said stepping closer. "Do you believe me about Kreese now," I asked turning back to Miguel. "He's still me Sensei," Hawk said. "Then I'm sorry, but I can't be with you again. Not yet at least," I said. "Aurelia," he began. "No Hawk. He is a corrupt man. Look what he's done," I said gesturing to Miguel. "He's been filling your mind with lies and now Miguel is in a coma, which the doctors don't know when he will wake up," I said. He was silent as he attempted to comfort me. "Just leave Hawk. I don't want to see you or any of the Cobras right now," I said sitting back in my seat.

The next week we returned to school and I blocked myself off from everyone in the school, focusing on my grades. With in a couple days we got word that Miguel had woken up, but probably wouldn't be able to walk again without a major surgery. I went to visit him at his house and he welcomed me with a smile. "Hey Lia," he said cheerfully. "Hey Miguel," I said with a smile. "So what did I miss," he asked folding his hands. "Not much. School, the city wanting to put an end to the tournament, Hawk trying to get back with me, Sensei Johnny quitting Cobra Kai," I began to list off. "Wait. Hawk tried to get back with you," he asked. "Really. That's what you got out of it," I asked. "Why don't you just give him another chance," he said. "It's not that I don't want to," I said sitting on his bed. "Then what's stopping you," he asked rolling over. "He's been blinded by hate, by Sensei Kreese. And I won't stand for it," I said. "Neither will I," Sensei Johnny said from his doorway. "I'm going to get you back on your feet. And get our cobras back," he said. "How," we asked. "Well we'll start with getting you back on your feet," Sensei said to Miguel. "And the Cobras," I asked. "One thing at a time. They need to see a miracle to want to join a new dojo with me as leader," he said.