Chapter Nine: Even Stronger

After the intense baseline workout I did with Koneko, she created a routine for me to do every other day to slowly build up my strength and stamina. Once I can run the distance after my workout and not be severely out of breath, we will begin combat training. Even though I have been forbidden from sparring and other training methods, I still observe Koneko and the others during their training. Rias said that doing so would help me choose which fighting style I would take, but I'm still hesitant about the idea of fighting. I didn't do any like judo or kendo, so combat is foreign to me.

Overall, each person has their own style. Kiba uses a one handed sword that reminds me more of fencing but with slashes rather than jabs. Xenovia uses a two handed great sword, and Koneko uses punches and kicks like MMA fighters. Issei relies on his dragon gear or whatever it's called, while Rias and Akeno use magic to fight. Aisa is a healer so she doesn't fight much and Gasper is... well Gasper. Everyone has a set fighting style that works for them and their Devil Piece. I could probably mirror Koneko but that just seems... like a wasted opportunity. I'll probably learn how to fight unarmed, in the off chance that I lose whatever weapon I choose, but I think I might learn my own thing.

Today was one of those days where I was watching training. After the 3 or so weeks I've spent training, I can finally do my exercises without wasting all of my energy. I decided to stick with this routine for a bit then slowly increase the numbers. After I finished up my training and took a shower, Rias approached me.

"Oh, hey Rias. What's up?" Judging from her face, it's nothing serious, but I've learned how much of a poker face she has, even after the short time we've know each other.

"Hey (Y/N). It's nothing too special, but I'm more or less trying to find out if I should bring you along for this trip." Rias seemed real deep in thought, so it must be relating to Devil work.

"What's happening?"

"A rouge Devil started running amok in my territory, so we are preparing to go and exorcize them."

I ended up chucking a bit at the absurdity of that statement. "So devils exorcise other devils? Wouldn't that be more of the angels deal?"

"Good observation. They would if it was somewhere unclaimed. Since they are in my territory, it falls on me and my family to take care of it." She falls back into thought when she arrives at her answer. "While you may have already fought with that fallen angel, I think we should have you stay behind for this. Rouge devils are much too strong for you right now, and in reality you got pretty lucky when it comes to that fallen angel. He really did underestimate you."

To be honest, it was me who underestimated him. I thought he was some regular joe shmoe, minus the fact that he was invisible and the large black wings on him. Maybe... I should have not thought that...

'God that was dumb...' Right as that thought appeared in my head, my brain began to feel like someone sucker punched it at 100 MPH. "Fucking OW!"

Rias just smiles. "You just thought of the one up above right? You'll get rid of that habit soon enough." Jeez, thanks for the warning...

"So, I assume you and the others are going to exorcise them soon?"

"Correct. We do need a little time to prepare, but we should be able to take care of them tomorrow. Its not much for you to worry about. If anything, worry about Issei since-"

"He'll try to flirt with them if its a female?" She nods at my guess. Issei you are to damn predictable. "Well, since you guys are going to be out for a while, do you want me to cook dinner that day?"

Rias cocks her head. "You can cook?"

"How dare you? Yes I can cook, I was the one who cooked back at home the most. While I won't really know how to cook something you all would be used to, I'm certain that I can cook something that can give your taste buds a run for their money."