Boys Will Be Boys

The guys of BTS could hardly believe HYBE was letting them take this amazing vacation. It was going to be just the seven of them on a desert island. No bodyguards, no managers, not even hotel staff or a guide. They had agreed to bring a sat phone in case there was a life or death situation. The executives even took out extra insurance, 500 million each, in case something horrible happened. That in itself, the pressure of being the foundation of a billion dollar empire, was enough to warrant a break from life.

They'd all had covid, Jimin and Jin had both had surgery, yet they still pulled off a Grammy performance and 4 stadium shows in Vegas. They were about to drop a new album and start a world tour. They needed rest. But, truth be told, they needed to reconnect on a personal level. They no longer lived together in a dorm and it was harder than they could have dreamed to spend time together just hanging out. No cameras, no agendas, just them.

The seven were quiet, enjoying the wind in their hair as the boat made its way to the island. The water was so clear, palest turquoise to deep blue depending on its depth. They could see fish swimming below and a dolphin had followed the boat a ways, entertaining them with jumps and chitters.

The supply boat had gone ahead of them

The supply boat had gone ahead of them. Seven men could eat a LOT of food in 11 days, not to mention the copious amounts of alcohol and of course, a camp stove and clothes and chairs and a tent and a table. Seokjin had limits to the level of primitive he was willing to endure.

The boat eased into the shallow water and dropped anchor, leaving the guys to hop out in calf deep water and wade to shore. The only one not to wear shorts, Taehyung just shook his head as he jumped in, wetting his baggy Louis Vuitton trousers. A wave rolled in and slapped his behind, soaking him to the waist and making him shout in surprise. His best friends exploded in laughter and the sight of their mirth made him laugh, too.

In a half hour, the guys were alone, their camp made and things sorted, mostly thanks to the set up crew. While Yoongi poured them drinks, Hobi was putting sunscreen on everyone. It was some special sunscreen that was safe for the reefs and not trusting it, he was trying to apply twice as much as usual. They settled around the table as Jimin passed out the drinks.

Namjoon made a toast

Namjoon made a toast. "Seven from the beginning and seven till the end. To just the seven of us."

"And ARMY," Jungkook piped up. "Don't forget ARMY."

"He means on the island, Kookie. It's just us on the island this week," Jimin gently corrected him.

Yoongi pointed toward the beach. "Speaking of ARMY ..."

"What the fuck?" Hobi screeched.

"Fucking sasaengs? No fucking way!" JK exploded.

Namjoon squinted at the pair that had risen out of the water. "Are they ... armed?"

"I'm getting the sat phone." Jin was in pure panic mode.

Taehyung's eagle eyes picked up what the rest couldn't see yet. "Hold on. They look like fucking mermaid warriors." He looked at guys in disbelief. "They're carrying spears with fish on them."

"Are they even wearing clothes?" Even with contacts, Namjoon didn't have the sharpest eyesight.

Jimin giggled as he put hand out to halt Jin. "Let's find that out before you call for help, hyung."