Chapter 18

Hitoshi POV

"So I have to get on this flying abomination?"

"Yeah, it's called an airship, it's used to fly places; a faster mode of transportation, if you will." I whispered, didn't want anyone to hear me or think me crazy for talking to a cat. Nyx, by the way, was the size of a kitten and cuddled up in my arms.

I hadn't wanted anyone to freak out when they saw a panther, also I don't think I'm allowed to even bring a wild cat on board.

"You're delusional, you know I'd already suspected you to be a little crazy but this is completely wrong. There's no way you're getting me on that metal bird."

"Nyx, please can you just cooperate with me this one time?"

"No, then I'd be making your life too easy, and I wouldn't be able to watch you struggle."

This damned cat. After he mauled and killed that lady he followed me around. I couldn't get him to leave me alone, and I didn't want to fight a cat. So we're partners in crime now I guess.

"Look Periwinkle, I don't care what you want. I'm telling you, I'm not getting on that flight. You can't make me, remind me again who's in charge of this operation?"

"You are." I muttered, "And my hair is not periwinkle, it's indigo."

"Good, glad we've established a clear leadership role. And I don't care what colour your hair is, I call you what I want."

I sighed. This fucking cat.

"Hey, look at me, don't look at the crazy people getting on the flying death machine. I should be your only focus from now on. If I so much as see you looking at other people I will skin them alive. Don't think for a second that I won't do it." Nyx threatened.

"Why do you even care so much?"

"I claimed you as part of my pack, you're mine now kit and therefore my responsibility."

"So I'm like your child or something?"

"Yes exactly, feel free to call me Daddy."

"I'll feel free not to."

"You're a child of chaos now Periwinkle, go destroy something." Nyx ordered.

"It's impossible to take you seriously in this form."

Nyx huffed. "Then I'll just revert to my original form."

"Please don't."

"You brought this on yourself." Nyx jumped out of my arms and grew back to his majestic, glorious, stunning, large self.

"Hey! HEY! Who let a panther in here?"

"Where'd that thing come from?!"

"AHHHH!"

"Run!"

"Now look at what you've done." I whispered.

"Dear son, as you'll come to know I thrive in chaos. This is positively wonderful."

"Hey!" I raised my voice. Everyone in the area who was making any kind of sound froze. "This never happened, delete any and all videos, if anyone asks some fool pulled a prank."

I turned to the guilty entity. "Fine, you win, we won't take 'the flying death machine', although I was fairly certain you were a spirit of death."

Nyx grinned, "Good. Yes, well I'm a fan of others' deaths, not my own." He shrank back down into a little kitten and jumped into my arms. "We'll Shadow-Travel, go find a nice shadow by a tree or something. And release these fools."